Questions about cronical rejection !

sistercf

Hi !I have some questions about a cronical rejection. How does it feel in the beginning when you start to get a cronical rejection ? Is it anybode here who can tell me who has cronical rejection ? What can you do about it, more then get a new pair of lungs ? Please let me know.<br>

sistercf

Hi !I have some questions about a cronical rejection. How does it feel in the beginning when you start to get a cronical rejection ? Is it anybode here who can tell me who has cronical rejection ? What can you do about it, more then get a new pair of lungs ? Please let me know.<br>

sistercf

cftransplant

I likely do not have chronic rejection at this time (I may know today or tomorrow). As you get further out, some form of rejection is likely. It does not feel like much, you loose PFT numbers and get short of breath. How are your PFT numbers doing?

Your TX center should have information on the potential treatments and options. If they are not giving you this information, go to a center like Duke. They have options, and many forms of potential treatments. I have seen some that were in poor condition and they have had them recover to a point that their lives are acceptable without another TX.

A friend is going in for a treatment that saved her around 5 years ago from acute rejection, she has another bout of rejection and hopefully today's treatment will stop her current slide.

Seriously, get to a center that has options and will talk to you about the process. Many centers seem to drop the ball with rejection. Do this before you run out of options. Best of luck.

61 CF cepacia TX 11 plus years out

cftransplant

I likely do not have chronic rejection at this time (I may know today or tomorrow). As you get further out, some form of rejection is likely. It does not feel like much, you loose PFT numbers and get short of breath. How are your PFT numbers doing?

Your TX center should have information on the potential treatments and options. If they are not giving you this information, go to a center like Duke. They have options, and many forms of potential treatments. I have seen some that were in poor condition and they have had them recover to a point that their lives are acceptable without another TX.

A friend is going in for a treatment that saved her around 5 years ago from acute rejection, she has another bout of rejection and hopefully today's treatment will stop her current slide.

Seriously, get to a center that has options and will talk to you about the process. Many centers seem to drop the ball with rejection. Do this before you run out of options. Best of luck.

61 CF cepacia TX 11 plus years out