Questions about probability

LittleMansMom

Thanks, all. I appreciate your feedback.

I have read tons of stuff here and am prepared to ask for numbers if she orders the sweat test, which we will request. Today the upper GI showed no refluxing, as I suspected it wouldn't, simply because that test isn't very sensitive.

My hope is that the doctor doesn't keep flogging him with tests treats him for reflux and we can move on to an alternate diagnosis. I hope that diagnosis is severe asthma or something, but I'm definitely going to ask them... "Tell me why this isn't CF and why can't we test to rule it out so we can move on?"

He is sick and coughing all night again and it honestly makes me want to cry that he is always so miserable feeling. And Sad that he doesn't even KNOW what it's like to not cough all day and night.

I suspect any future results will be a long way off but I'll update with any ruling out or ruling in that happens.

thanks for your insights!

LittleMansMom

I have read tons of stuff here and am prepared to ask for numbers if she orders the sweat test, which we will request. Today the upper GI showed no refluxing, as I suspected it wouldn't, simply because that test isn't very sensitive.

My hope is that the doctor doesn't keep flogging him with tests treats him for reflux and we can move on to an alternate diagnosis. I hope that diagnosis is severe asthma or something, but I'm definitely going to ask them... "Tell me why this isn't CF and why can't we test to rule it out so we can move on?"

He is sick and coughing all night again and it honestly makes me want to cry that he is always so miserable feeling. And Sad that he doesn't even KNOW what it's like to not cough all day and night.

I suspect any future results will be a long way off but I'll update with any ruling out or ruling in that happens.

LittleMansMom

LittleMansMom

LittleMansMom

Alyssa

Just keep in mind they may say he doesn't have enough symptoms or severe enough symptoms to make them think it is CF -- people have actually been told by the doctor that if they had CF they'd be dead by now so it can't be CF - those are the doctors who have old text book information who are not willing to test anyone because they still think this is a disease that kills everyone by age 5.

So I don't care what their reasons might be for not wanting to test, I say push and push hard if needed to get him tested.

Alyssa

Just keep in mind they may say he doesn't have enough symptoms or severe enough symptoms to make them think it is CF -- people have actually been told by the doctor that if they had CF they'd be dead by now so it can't be CF - those are the doctors who have old text book information who are not willing to test anyone because they still think this is a disease that kills everyone by age 5.

So I don't care what their reasons might be for not wanting to test, I say push and push hard if needed to get him tested.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

Heidi

I agree with Alyssa.

I am sad that your little guy is sick. I pray you get some answers and some relief soon.

Heidi

I agree with Alyssa.

I am sad that your little guy is sick. I pray you get some answers and some relief soon.

Heidi

I agree with Alyssa.

Heidi

I agree with Alyssa.

Heidi

I agree with Alyssa.

chrissyd

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Alyssa</b></i>

people have actually been told by the doctor that if they had CF they'd be dead by now so it can't be CF q]

I was one! My mom questioned my dr about it when I was a baby. He laughed at her. Told her she was paranoid...

I was Dx'd @ 21. Keep pushing until you get the full answer. If you don't push; who else will?

Chrissy
30 W/CF

chrissyd

people have actually been told by the doctor that if they had CF they'd be dead by now so it can't be CF q]

I was one! My mom questioned my dr about it when I was a baby. He laughed at her. Told her she was paranoid...

I was Dx'd @ 21. Keep pushing until you get the full answer. If you don't push; who else will?

Chrissy
30 W/CF

chrissyd

Chrissy
30 W/CF

chrissyd

Chrissy
30 W/CF

chrissyd

Chrissy
30 W/CF