Quick easy dinners for CF kids and their family

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Everything sounds so good. I think I will check out getting a new crockpot cookbook. Breakfast for dinner is fun. I used to make pancakes for dinner, You can use a mix but I would add wheat germ and ground flax meal for extra calories and the kids didn't notice.

Tami,

It' s great you and your husband are losing weight together. Isn't it crazy how fast men can lose weight when they try.

Keep the ideas coming.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Everything sounds so good. I think I will check out getting a new crockpot cookbook. Breakfast for dinner is fun. I used to make pancakes for dinner, You can use a mix but I would add wheat germ and ground flax meal for extra calories and the kids didn't notice.

Tami,

It' s great you and your husband are losing weight together. Isn't it crazy how fast men can lose weight when they try.

Keep the ideas coming.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Tami,

Keep the ideas coming.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Tami,

Keep the ideas coming.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />Tami,
<br />
<br />It' s great you and your husband are losing weight together. Isn't it crazy how fast men can lose weight when they try.
<br />
<br />Keep the ideas coming.

LouLou

These are two depression era meals passed down from my Grandma...they're cheap. We have a tendency to have expensive taste (seabass, filet mignon) so throwing in a cheap meal once a week helps with the budget.

Take a ham slice (cut out fat) place pcs in a casserole dish. squirt yellow mustard on top and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover in canned tomatoe sauce just until covered not swimming (1/2-3/4 sm can). Bake until tomatoe sauce is dark and thicker. 350 for 30 mins. Serve over white rice. We all like snap peas so we have those with this sometimes.

Grandmas noodle casserole
Brown a lean ground beef while sauteeing minced onions. We go for very lean and then don't drain (more calories and flavor). Add in 1 lb. cooked elbow noodles, 1 large can crushed tomatoe stir and bake in oven 350 for 2 hrs. It's better the next day. Serve with a fresh salad. Butter can be snuck into individual portions very easily.

LouLou

These are two depression era meals passed down from my Grandma...they're cheap. We have a tendency to have expensive taste (seabass, filet mignon) so throwing in a cheap meal once a week helps with the budget.

Take a ham slice (cut out fat) place pcs in a casserole dish. squirt yellow mustard on top and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover in canned tomatoe sauce just until covered not swimming (1/2-3/4 sm can). Bake until tomatoe sauce is dark and thicker. 350 for 30 mins. Serve over white rice. We all like snap peas so we have those with this sometimes.

Brown a lean ground beef while sauteeing minced onions. We go for very lean and then don't drain (more calories and flavor). Add in 1 lb. cooked elbow noodles, 1 large can crushed tomatoe stir and bake in oven 350 for 2 hrs. It's better the next day. Serve with a fresh salad. Butter can be snuck into individual portions very easily.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />Take a ham slice (cut out fat) place pcs in a casserole dish. squirt yellow mustard on top and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover in canned tomatoe sauce just until covered not swimming (1/2-3/4 sm can). Bake until tomatoe sauce is dark and thicker. 350 for 30 mins. Serve over white rice. We all like snap peas so we have those with this sometimes.
<br />
<br />Grandmas noodle casserole
<br />Brown a lean ground beef while sauteeing minced onions. We go for very lean and then don't drain (more calories and flavor). Add in 1 lb. cooked elbow noodles, 1 large can crushed tomatoe stir and bake in oven 350 for 2 hrs. It's better the next day. Serve with a fresh salad. Butter can be snuck into individual portions very easily.
<br />
<br />

theLostMiler

Anyone else like meatloaf? I love my moms, its just hamburger, ritz crackers, egg, milk and tomato soup and onions (but I dont use onions when I make it).

Its easy and I think it is YUMMY!

Also stuffed green peppers. We boil the peppers with a splash of oil then we start the hamburger, add rice and tomato soup (again) and little cheese. Once that has so many minutes (sorry not sure) then we LAY out the peppers on the bottom and then put the rice/hamburger mixture over it with lots of cheeses on top. We use a mixture of mozzarella and the colby jack mixture... we eat ours with lots of cheese so there are some calories. Then if you want to eat the pepper you can otherwise not. Growing up I hated the peppers, and now that I am an adult the peppers are my favorite part.

That is all I can think of for now.

Oh,

Polska calbesa (spelling?) sausage and cabbage and potatoes! One of my alllll time favorite dishes. I love the cabbage with the sausage flavors and then we use either fingerlins or yukong gold potatoes in it! So delicious.

Cabbage is good vit k!

theLostMiler

Anyone else like meatloaf? I love my moms, its just hamburger, ritz crackers, egg, milk and tomato soup and onions (but I dont use onions when I make it).

Also stuffed green peppers. We boil the peppers with a splash of oil then we start the hamburger, add rice and tomato soup (again) and little cheese. Once that has so many minutes (sorry not sure) then we LAY out the peppers on the bottom and then put the rice/hamburger mixture over it with lots of cheeses on top. We use a mixture of mozzarella and the colby jack mixture... we eat ours with lots of cheese so there are some calories. Then if you want to eat the pepper you can otherwise not. Growing up I hated the peppers, and now that I am an adult the peppers are my favorite part.

Oh,

Polska calbesa (spelling?) sausage and cabbage and potatoes! One of my alllll time favorite dishes. I love the cabbage with the sausage flavors and then we use either fingerlins or yukong gold potatoes in it! So delicious.

Cabbage is good vit k!

theLostMiler

Oh,

Cabbage is good vit k!

theLostMiler

Oh,

Cabbage is good vit k!

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />Its easy and I think it is YUMMY!
<br />
<br />Also stuffed green peppers. We boil the peppers with a splash of oil then we start the hamburger, add rice and tomato soup (again) and little cheese. Once that has so many minutes (sorry not sure) then we LAY out the peppers on the bottom and then put the rice/hamburger mixture over it with lots of cheeses on top. We use a mixture of mozzarella and the colby jack mixture... we eat ours with lots of cheese so there are some calories. Then if you want to eat the pepper you can otherwise not. Growing up I hated the peppers, and now that I am an adult the peppers are my favorite part.
<br />
<br />That is all I can think of for now.
<br />
<br />Oh,
<br />
<br />Polska calbesa (spelling?) sausage and cabbage and potatoes! One of my alllll time favorite dishes. I love the cabbage with the sausage flavors and then we use either fingerlins or yukong gold potatoes in it! So delicious.
<br />
<br />Cabbage is good vit k!

izemmom

Mmmmm. Kielbasa! We do kielbasa, potatoes (just small, red ones) peppers and onions in foil packs on the grill about every other week in the summer. The girls love it. I"ll have to think about how to "skinny" it up this year...

izemmom

Mmmmm. Kielbasa! We do kielbasa, potatoes (just small, red ones) peppers and onions in foil packs on the grill about every other week in the summer. The girls love it. I"ll have to think about how to "skinny" it up this year...

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom