Quick Eflow question.

Deeonlyone

I take xopenex, pulmozyme, 7% saline, & Tobi. I just got the eflow today. My question is, I keep reading about cleaning and sterilizing after treatments, but am I suppose to clean between every single one being that I do them back to back? or can I finsh one med, stick another one in there and so on and so forth then after ALL the meds are done I wash??? help please.

Deeonlyone

I take xopenex, pulmozyme, 7% saline, & Tobi. I just got the eflow today. My question is, I keep reading about cleaning and sterilizing after treatments, but am I suppose to clean between every single one being that I do them back to back? or can I finsh one med, stick another one in there and so on and so forth then after ALL the meds are done I wash??? help please.

Deeonlyone

Deeonlyone

Deeonlyone

folione

no need to clean between different meds in one session - but my son's Dr. told us to use a separate head unit for the pulmozyme. Also, even though we have been fastidious about following the cleaning routine, the head still slows down after a few weeks use. I've not tried a jewelry cleaner yet, but others say they do the trick.

folione

no need to clean between different meds in one session - but my son's Dr. told us to use a separate head unit for the pulmozyme. Also, even though we have been fastidious about following the cleaning routine, the head still slows down after a few weeks use. I've not tried a jewelry cleaner yet, but others say they do the trick.

folione

folione

folione

Giggles

I got my eflow from foundation care and I do albuterol, HTS, Pulmozyme and tobra or colistin depending on what month it is. They told me this: They said as long as I do one med after the other not a minute between each one I do NOT have to clean the head in between. Then when done clean metal head with the soap they provided and distilled water. Rinse the head with distill and then swish the head around in containter with distill and soap. Then put head in alcohol after that and store til use again. Then take plastic pieces and rinse with tap water and then put in container with tap and soap and swish around and then rinse with tap and let air dry on lint free towel. Then once a day boil the plastic parts in tap water on stove and boil the metal head on stove with distilled water. Do both for at least 5 minutes. WATCH the metal head cause I have noticed that the distilled water seems to evaporate as it is being boiled so you got to watch carefully and put more in then you would expect for a little thing like the head.

I have been doing it and it has worked out good. My first head did clog after 2 months but they sent me a new one. Good luck! I Love, Love the e-flow and will not go back! I even had them take me off of TOBI since you can not use it in the eflow and Foundation Care formulated the Tobraymycin for me to go into the E-flow so now I can do ALL drugs with E-flow and it takes me only 20 minutes and I feel GREAT and my FEV1 has even gone up a little bit.

Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I got my eflow from foundation care and I do albuterol, HTS, Pulmozyme and tobra or colistin depending on what month it is. They told me this: They said as long as I do one med after the other not a minute between each one I do NOT have to clean the head in between. Then when done clean metal head with the soap they provided and distilled water. Rinse the head with distill and then swish the head around in containter with distill and soap. Then put head in alcohol after that and store til use again. Then take plastic pieces and rinse with tap water and then put in container with tap and soap and swish around and then rinse with tap and let air dry on lint free towel. Then once a day boil the plastic parts in tap water on stove and boil the metal head on stove with distilled water. Do both for at least 5 minutes. WATCH the metal head cause I have noticed that the distilled water seems to evaporate as it is being boiled so you got to watch carefully and put more in then you would expect for a little thing like the head.

I have been doing it and it has worked out good. My first head did clog after 2 months but they sent me a new one. Good luck! I Love, Love the e-flow and will not go back! I even had them take me off of TOBI since you can not use it in the eflow and Foundation Care formulated the Tobraymycin for me to go into the E-flow so now I can do ALL drugs with E-flow and it takes me only 20 minutes and I feel GREAT and my FEV1 has even gone up a little bit.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />I have been doing it and it has worked out good. My first head did clog after 2 months but they sent me a new one. Good luck! I Love, Love the e-flow and will not go back! I even had them take me off of TOBI since you can not use it in the eflow and Foundation Care formulated the Tobraymycin for me to go into the E-flow so now I can do ALL drugs with E-flow and it takes me only 20 minutes and I feel GREAT and my FEV1 has even gone up a little bit.
<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD