Quick Question about Military

C

Cherylwithone

Quick Question

No. I was a Navy recruiter for awhile and you would not even get on the floor for a physical. Things like Migrains,
asthma etc are disquals.

C

Cherylwithone

Quick Question

No. I was a Navy recruiter for awhile and you would not even get on the floor for a physical. Things like Migrains,
asthma etc are disquals.

C

Cherylwithone

Quick Question

<br />asthma etc are disquals.

RCWoody

Quick Question

Do you know this to be true with the other branches and are you 100% positive about the navy?

RCWoody

Quick Question

Do you know this to be true with the other branches and are you 100% positive about the navy?

RCWoody

Quick Question

jbrandonAW

You can't even get in if you have asthma much less CF. The thing is that with things like deployment and being in the field you don't always have electricity, so doing meds or vesting would be impossible. Not to mention a ruck sack is about 50lbs already, if you tried to carry anything "extra" you couldn't handle it. Not to mention that I know some days my husband (army) barely get 1 MRE a day, a CFer just couldn't handle so little calories.

jbrandonAW

You can't even get in if you have asthma much less CF. The thing is that with things like deployment and being in the field you don't always have electricity, so doing meds or vesting would be impossible. Not to mention a ruck sack is about 50lbs already, if you tried to carry anything "extra" you couldn't handle it. Not to mention that I know some days my husband (army) barely get 1 MRE a day, a CFer just couldn't handle so little calories.

jbrandonAW

Liza

Quick Question

I think this question has been asked before.

Positively without a doubt a person with CF would not be accepted into any of the services. Like it was mentioned before, simply having Asthma would disqualify you. You have to understand that with the military, a persons ability to deploy is first and formost. Having CF would make you undeployable even if we were pre-911 when people were not being deployed like they are today.

As for the Navy. Being on ship duty means you are in close quarters and if you are out to sea you would not have adequate medical care in the event you got sick. It's hard enough finding a military doc that knows enough about CF to comfortably treat you as a PCM in a military hospital muchless finding one on a ship.

Yea, it sucks that you can't serve your country. Both my girls hated getting those recruitment letters thier senior year of high school because they couldn't join and thought they should know that they have CF and can't join after all they grew up in the military.

Liza

Quick Question

Positively without a doubt a person with CF would not be accepted into any of the services. Like it was mentioned before, simply having Asthma would disqualify you. You have to understand that with the military, a persons ability to deploy is first and formost. Having CF would make you undeployable even if we were pre-911 when people were not being deployed like they are today.

As for the Navy. Being on ship duty means you are in close quarters and if you are out to sea you would not have adequate medical care in the event you got sick. It's hard enough finding a military doc that knows enough about CF to comfortably treat you as a PCM in a military hospital muchless finding one on a ship.

Yea, it sucks that you can't serve your country. Both my girls hated getting those recruitment letters thier senior year of high school because they couldn't join and thought they should know that they have CF and can't join after all they grew up in the military.

Liza

Quick Question

<br />
<br />Positively without a doubt a person with CF would not be accepted into any of the services. Like it was mentioned before, simply having Asthma would disqualify you. You have to understand that with the military, a persons ability to deploy is first and formost. Having CF would make you undeployable even if we were pre-911 when people were not being deployed like they are today.
<br />
<br />As for the Navy. Being on ship duty means you are in close quarters and if you are out to sea you would not have adequate medical care in the event you got sick. It's hard enough finding a military doc that knows enough about CF to comfortably treat you as a PCM in a military hospital muchless finding one on a ship.
<br />
<br />Yea, it sucks that you can't serve your country. Both my girls hated getting those recruitment letters thier senior year of high school because they couldn't join and thought they should know that they have CF and can't join after all they grew up in the military.

C

Cherylwithone

Quick Question

I am 100% positive about all the branches. We all follow the same guide line for medical. The scores may vary from branch to branch. It would not be cost effective for the military to enlist people with medical problems. Plus the effect it would have on all members. I was a height waiver when I joined the Navy. I was under height by 1 inch.

You much also keep in mind that in bootcamp there can be at least 80 or so people in your barracks. Not much room to breath. Not meds are allowed etc. Plus getting up in the wee hours and going all day long that even a healthy person is exhausted at the end of the day.

The military must always be 100% ready to protect this country. The military does check medical history even if you think you can lie about it you can't.

C

Cherylwithone

Quick Question

I am 100% positive about all the branches. We all follow the same guide line for medical. The scores may vary from branch to branch. It would not be cost effective for the military to enlist people with medical problems. Plus the effect it would have on all members. I was a height waiver when I joined the Navy. I was under height by 1 inch.

You much also keep in mind that in bootcamp there can be at least 80 or so people in your barracks. Not much room to breath. Not meds are allowed etc. Plus getting up in the wee hours and going all day long that even a healthy person is exhausted at the end of the day.

The military must always be 100% ready to protect this country. The military does check medical history even if you think you can lie about it you can't.

C

Cherylwithone

Quick Question

<br />
<br />You much also keep in mind that in bootcamp there can be at least 80 or so people in your barracks. Not much room to breath. Not meds are allowed etc. Plus getting up in the wee hours and going all day long that even a healthy person is exhausted at the end of the day.
<br />
<br />The military must always be 100% ready to protect this country. The military does check medical history even if you think you can lie about it you can't.