RA treatment question

DanG

I've been on azulfidine (sulfasalazine) for about 5 years in varying doses which has worked for me but I have had a lot of background aches, some not so background, and stiffness the last few months to a year so it may be time for something else. Plus my liver enzymes seem to be getting the attention of the doctor.
With CF, the doctor says options are somewhat constrained to those not limiting the immune system too much and he has suggested plaquenil, or leflunomide (generic arava, which is even harder on the liver than azulfidine).
I'm wondering what some of you are on that works.
Thanks, Danny
37, ra, cfrd.

DanG

I've been on azulfidine (sulfasalazine) for about 5 years in varying doses which has worked for me but I have had a lot of background aches, some not so background, and stiffness the last few months to a year so it may be time for something else. Plus my liver enzymes seem to be getting the attention of the doctor.
With CF, the doctor says options are somewhat constrained to those not limiting the immune system too much and he has suggested plaquenil, or leflunomide (generic arava, which is even harder on the liver than azulfidine).
Thanks, Danny
37, ra, cfrd.

DanG

Thanks, Danny
37, ra, cfrd.

DanG

Thanks, Danny
37, ra, cfrd.

DanG

Thanks, Danny
37, ra, cfrd.