Rain makes my chest completely clear

W

welshwitch

This may sound like an old wive's tale, but whenever it rains i feel like i don't have CF at all. any and all mucus completely goes away and i breathe completely fine.

obviously, rain has its effects on air pollution, etc. and i may just be experiencing

a. less allergies
b. less air pollution (i live in CA)
c. hydration in my lungs (similar to taking a shower)

but i also wonder if there could be some chemical properties to rain/altered air pressure and its effects on CF lungs. does anyone know of any data on this? i've heard that the sodium channel deficiency has a tendancy to make our lungs dehydrated and this is why they have trouble moving allergins out.

W

welshwitch

This may sound like an old wive's tale, but whenever it rains i feel like i don't have CF at all. any and all mucus completely goes away and i breathe completely fine.

obviously, rain has its effects on air pollution, etc. and i may just be experiencing

a. less allergies

but i also wonder if there could be some chemical properties to rain/altered air pressure and its effects on CF lungs. does anyone know of any data on this? i've heard that the sodium channel deficiency has a tendancy to make our lungs dehydrated and this is why they have trouble moving allergins out.

W

welshwitch

a. less allergies

W

welshwitch

a. less allergies

W

welshwitch

<br />
<br />obviously, rain has its effects on air pollution, etc. and i may just be experiencing
<br />
<br />a. less allergies
<br />b. less air pollution (i live in CA)
<br />c. hydration in my lungs (similar to taking a shower)
<br />
<br />but i also wonder if there could be some chemical properties to rain/altered air pressure and its effects on CF lungs. does anyone know of any data on this? i've heard that the sodium channel deficiency has a tendancy to make our lungs dehydrated and this is why they have trouble moving allergins out.
<br />
<br />

JazzysMom

WOW I am total opposite. I get junkier (head & chest), feel like crap & totally hate rain!

Amazing how different we respond!

JazzysMom

WOW I am total opposite. I get junkier (head & chest), feel like crap & totally hate rain!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Amazing how different we respond!

Scottius

I sometimes feel better after a rainfall, if it is one of those good solid rainfalls that washes a lot of the junk out of the air, and doesn't leave the air all humid and gross afterward. But generally I'm the previous two posters: during (and especially before) rain, I feel pretty congested.

Scottius

I sometimes feel better after a rainfall, if it is one of those good solid rainfalls that washes a lot of the junk out of the air, and doesn't leave the air all humid and gross afterward. But generally I'm the previous two posters: during (and especially before) rain, I feel pretty congested.

Scottius

Scottius

Scottius