RE and insurance

my65roses4me

Forthose of you that have seen an RE what insurance do you have?? I only have Medicare and GHPP. Is there a chance that an RE would take medicare?
If not how much are the office visits?
Lets say I had to take clomid and do an IUI how much would I be looking at roughly with the office visit?

my65roses4me

Forthose of you that have seen an RE what insurance do you have?? I only have Medicare and GHPP. Is there a chance that an RE would take medicare?
Lets say I had to take clomid and do an IUI how much would I be looking at roughly with the office visit?

my65roses4me

my65roses4me

my65roses4me

<br />If not how much are the office visits?
<br />Lets say I had to take clomid and do an IUI how much would I be looking at roughly with the office visit?

PedsNP2007

Khristina,

Geez, you must be reading my mind! I am having a difficult time with my insurance and trying to figure out the financial implications of pursuing the START of a pregnancy. I did an UNmedicated IUI procedure in Jan 2009 and it cost me roughly $600 out of pocket, not costing me the frozen sperm specimen. All in all, it cost me around $1200-1400 for Jan. And it was a BFN. :-(

Now, I am gearing up for a new cycle. I am CD 12 and found out having a midcycle US will be $400 and the IUI procedure will be $600. With the sperm, it will be about $1800 for it. I am so frustrated because the RE clinic says that b/c it is infertility, insurance will not cover it.

So, part of me is almost wanting to give up and never pursue pregnancy help because of the cost. It will cost me just under $2000 EACH cycle if I have to do UN-medicated and need mid-cycle US.

So I am not happy currently. So, I hope others can help out because I can't figure out how insurances will ever pay out. I don't have infertility. It's stupid CF that is giving me hostile cervical mucous. Sucks for me.

I am just bitter with the world. People, who don't appear to be capable of being parents, can get pregnant so easily and us, who really want to give love and attention to children, have such problems just to get the pregnancy to even start.

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Khristina,

Geez, you must be reading my mind! I am having a difficult time with my insurance and trying to figure out the financial implications of pursuing the START of a pregnancy. I did an UNmedicated IUI procedure in Jan 2009 and it cost me roughly $600 out of pocket, not costing me the frozen sperm specimen. All in all, it cost me around $1200-1400 for Jan. And it was a BFN. :-(

Now, I am gearing up for a new cycle. I am CD 12 and found out having a midcycle US will be $400 and the IUI procedure will be $600. With the sperm, it will be about $1800 for it. I am so frustrated because the RE clinic says that b/c it is infertility, insurance will not cover it.

So, part of me is almost wanting to give up and never pursue pregnancy help because of the cost. It will cost me just under $2000 EACH cycle if I have to do UN-medicated and need mid-cycle US.

So I am not happy currently. So, I hope others can help out because I can't figure out how insurances will ever pay out. I don't have infertility. It's stupid CF that is giving me hostile cervical mucous. Sucks for me.

I am just bitter with the world. People, who don't appear to be capable of being parents, can get pregnant so easily and us, who really want to give love and attention to children, have such problems just to get the pregnancy to even start.

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Khristina,

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Khristina,

Jenn
31 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Khristina,
<br />
<br />Geez, you must be reading my mind! I am having a difficult time with my insurance and trying to figure out the financial implications of pursuing the START of a pregnancy. I did an UNmedicated IUI procedure in Jan 2009 and it cost me roughly $600 out of pocket, not costing me the frozen sperm specimen. All in all, it cost me around $1200-1400 for Jan. And it was a BFN. :-(
<br />
<br />Now, I am gearing up for a new cycle. I am CD 12 and found out having a midcycle US will be $400 and the IUI procedure will be $600. With the sperm, it will be about $1800 for it. I am so frustrated because the RE clinic says that b/c it is infertility, insurance will not cover it.
<br />
<br />So, part of me is almost wanting to give up and never pursue pregnancy help because of the cost. It will cost me just under $2000 EACH cycle if I have to do UN-medicated and need mid-cycle US.
<br />
<br />So I am not happy currently. So, I hope others can help out because I can't figure out how insurances will ever pay out. I don't have infertility. It's stupid CF that is giving me hostile cervical mucous. Sucks for me.
<br />
<br />I am just bitter with the world. People, who don't appear to be capable of being parents, can get pregnant so easily and us, who really want to give love and attention to children, have such problems just to get the pregnancy to even start.
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />31 yo cf

my65roses4me

Jenn,
So Sorry to hear about your frustrations. This whole process can be very frustrating.
I am not currently in the TTC process yet but I am doing my homework.It is frustraing to think about all the women that get pregnant so easily only to neglect or abuse their children.I try not to think about it because it makes me so sad.I am trying to stay positive thru all of this. But it can be so hard.
Are you seeing an RE or just a regular gyn for your treaments? Do gyn's do these treatments or do we have to see a RE? It would be great if I didn't have to go to an RE. It would be easier and Im sure quite cheaper.
I am not even sure I need to seek IF treaments but if I do I want to be prepared for it if I do.
Please keep your head up as much as you can thru al this. I dont know your full situation so please excuse my ignorance, but is the reason you have to use donor sperm because you hubby is infertile?

my65roses4me

Jenn,
So Sorry to hear about your frustrations. This whole process can be very frustrating.
I am not currently in the TTC process yet but I am doing my homework.It is frustraing to think about all the women that get pregnant so easily only to neglect or abuse their children.I try not to think about it because it makes me so sad.I am trying to stay positive thru all of this. But it can be so hard.
Are you seeing an RE or just a regular gyn for your treaments? Do gyn's do these treatments or do we have to see a RE? It would be great if I didn't have to go to an RE. It would be easier and Im sure quite cheaper.
I am not even sure I need to seek IF treaments but if I do I want to be prepared for it if I do.
Please keep your head up as much as you can thru al this. I dont know your full situation so please excuse my ignorance, but is the reason you have to use donor sperm because you hubby is infertile?

my65roses4me

Jenn,

my65roses4me

Jenn,

my65roses4me

Jenn,
<br />So Sorry to hear about your frustrations. This whole process can be very frustrating.
<br />I am not currently in the TTC process yet but I am doing my homework.It is frustraing to think about all the women that get pregnant so easily only to neglect or abuse their children.I try not to think about it because it makes me so sad.I am trying to stay positive thru all of this. But it can be so hard.
<br />Are you seeing an RE or just a regular gyn for your treaments? Do gyn's do these treatments or do we have to see a RE? It would be great if I didn't have to go to an RE. It would be easier and Im sure quite cheaper.
<br />I am not even sure I need to seek IF treaments but if I do I want to be prepared for it if I do.
<br />Please keep your head up as much as you can thru al this. I dont know your full situation so please excuse my ignorance, but is the reason you have to use donor sperm because you hubby is infertile?

PedsNP2007

Hi,
You're not ignorant... I am single and have wanted a family for so long. I haven't found the right person and as you know, CF is not going to stay the same forever. I would rather have a child now than wait til I eventually find a husband and have a slight decline in health that would not allow me to carry a pregnancy.

Jenn

PedsNP2007

Hi,
You're not ignorant... I am single and have wanted a family for so long. I haven't found the right person and as you know, CF is not going to stay the same forever. I would rather have a child now than wait til I eventually find a husband and have a slight decline in health that would not allow me to carry a pregnancy.

Jenn

PedsNP2007

Hi,

Jenn

PedsNP2007

Hi,

Jenn

PedsNP2007

Hi,
<br />You're not ignorant... I am single and have wanted a family for so long. I haven't found the right person and as you know, CF is not going to stay the same forever. I would rather have a child now than wait til I eventually find a husband and have a slight decline in health that would not allow me to carry a pregnancy.
<br />
<br />Jenn