"reasonable accommodations" at work, CFer in Cali

H

hopesiris

"reasonable accommodations

The company has to make an effort to help you but they are not obligated to do anything that would have a negative impact on the business. Your part time/FT status is a separate issue, you could try looking on your local dept of labor website to see what the guidelines are for eligibility for full time status.

H

hopesiris

The company has to make an effort to help you but they are not obligated to do anything that would have a negative impact on the business. Your part time/FT status is a separate issue, you could try looking on your local dept of labor website to see what the guidelines are for eligibility for full time status.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

LisaV

You can also use intermittent FMLA for your own care. Just need to make sure you don't go over the magic amount for the year.

LisaV

You can also use intermittent FMLA for your own care. Just need to make sure you don't go over the magic amount for the year.

LisaV

LisaV

LisaV

SaltyAndSweet

I have had several employers let me work from home when I am having a rough time. They allowed me to stay at home, do my nebs and such, and I get work done at the same time. Although I was still working, it allowed me to arrange my schedule so it would work easier for me. It's a lot less stressful when you can get your work done in your pjs while sitting on your couch.
I don't know if your type of job would allow you to do that, but it's a suggestion.

SaltyAndSweet

I have had several employers let me work from home when I am having a rough time. They allowed me to stay at home, do my nebs and such, and I get work done at the same time. Although I was still working, it allowed me to arrange my schedule so it would work easier for me. It's a lot less stressful when you can get your work done in your pjs while sitting on your couch.
I don't know if your type of job would allow you to do that, but it's a suggestion.

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet