rebellious teen

lightNlife

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://understandingcysticfibrosis.blogspot.com/2008/01/surviving-rollercoaster-of-teen.html">Surviving the Roller Coaster of Teen Rebellion in CF</a>

This article might help

lightNlife

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://understandingcysticfibrosis.blogspot.com/2008/01/surviving-rollercoaster-of-teen.html">Surviving the Roller Coaster of Teen Rebellion in CF</a>

This article might help

lightNlife

This article might help

lightNlife

This article might help

lightNlife

This article might help

pjspiegle

Hi Anna,

Maybe you miss understood what I was saying. Nathan is responsible for his health, it is his body and his disease, I am just a support for him. There is a difference in making all the decisions and being a control freak, having no involvement, leaving your child to feel they are alll alone, and being supportive to them. How support is shown or given is different for each person. I was just trying to say that maybe needing reminding was a way for this one to know that her parents were there for her, cared for her, and were supportive of her.

Really truly there is a fine line for us as parents of teens to walk and it isn't easy for either the teen or the parent. I also know that realationships between mothers and daughters is often very different from those of mothers and sons.

I really just wanted to warn against making her feel all alone and unsupported and that if a parent was going to error, I personally think it is better to err on the side of being too supportive then not supportive enough.

There is enough to deal with having this disease without being pushed into taking charge before they are ready. Parenting requires taking our cues from our child, knowing when to let go and when they aren't ready is not always easy. Each child is very different and unique whether they have a disease such as CF or not, there is not a one size fits all.

Hope this helps you understand it is not my intention to smother my child or to encourage any other parent to do so either, just to make decisions based upon their particular childs needs and to listen to the cues they are giving to help guide in that decision to help avoid the battles.

Glad to hear that you are doing so well, good for you, keep up the good work!

pjspiegle

Hi Anna,

Maybe you miss understood what I was saying. Nathan is responsible for his health, it is his body and his disease, I am just a support for him. There is a difference in making all the decisions and being a control freak, having no involvement, leaving your child to feel they are alll alone, and being supportive to them. How support is shown or given is different for each person. I was just trying to say that maybe needing reminding was a way for this one to know that her parents were there for her, cared for her, and were supportive of her.

Really truly there is a fine line for us as parents of teens to walk and it isn't easy for either the teen or the parent. I also know that realationships between mothers and daughters is often very different from those of mothers and sons.

I really just wanted to warn against making her feel all alone and unsupported and that if a parent was going to error, I personally think it is better to err on the side of being too supportive then not supportive enough.

There is enough to deal with having this disease without being pushed into taking charge before they are ready. Parenting requires taking our cues from our child, knowing when to let go and when they aren't ready is not always easy. Each child is very different and unique whether they have a disease such as CF or not, there is not a one size fits all.

Hope this helps you understand it is not my intention to smother my child or to encourage any other parent to do so either, just to make decisions based upon their particular childs needs and to listen to the cues they are giving to help guide in that decision to help avoid the battles.

pjspiegle

Hi Anna,

pjspiegle

Hi Anna,

pjspiegle

Hi Anna,