recommendations for a bag that holds all your CF stuff

telebabe

just added to my list of CF things: diabetes - yup CFRD.
So I travel quite often with my PARI trek that fit nicely into a regular insulated lunch bag (with the Albuterol and Pulmozyme) and then a flutter device.
Now I need to add the glucose meter (strips and lancets, and possibly insulin "stuff" in the future.

Any recommendations on bags?
I check lunch boxes but they are all one size and I would just stuff it all in.
I checked diaper bags .. but nothing where I can somewhat organize the stuff.

thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I use a backpack or a messenger bag when we travel with ds. Holds a lunch bag cooler, his Pari vios, neb cups, baggy with pills and enzymes, albuterol. Both have multiple compartments. Both have a bigger compartment toward the back and a smaller one in the front for items I need to get to frequently such as my wallet, cell phone or meds/enzymes to take while traveling. When we travel for longer trips, I use disposable neb cups. So I put a handful of those in the backpack as well as a reusable and then place the bulk of them in my checked luggage.

Last edited:

ToriMom

Have you looked at a sewing supplies bag? I have a large one that has lots of straps and compartments to hold my sewing needs. Mine has a stackable plastic organizer inside. When we fly I like the Vest rolling luggage--I put her feeding pump in one end and her Pari compressor in the other end. The middle is where I put all the bottles. Of course, that means we don't bring the actual Vest with us on the trip and use an alternate CPT method. We don't travel as much anymore. Too much STUFF!!
Michelle

kenna2

I use a large computer bag for when I travel. It fits everything in it. I use the Vibralung and that's compact enough to fit in with everything else i need. It's great and I do have a lot of meds that I need to take with me including insulin supplies. I still have room for more things which is great.

MissAlexsBP

Hi @telebabe!

When I travel I use the Mary Kay Roll Up travel bag -- it holds my Pari Trek S, eflow, neb kits, neb vials and my enzymes! I love it because it rolls up to fit in my backpack and it has velcro pockets, so if I just need one 'part' I can easily take it off. I also like that is has a hanger so I can just hang it up when I get wherever I am going :)

Good luck and happy travels :)