Reflux and meds

ej0820

hey there...

I have had horrible reflux. It's gotten to the point that I can only eat bread and milk with out treatment. I have found that the only thing that works for me is 30mg of prevacid a day...it can get pricey, but it's the only thing that works for me.

ej0820

hey there...

I have had horrible reflux. It's gotten to the point that I can only eat bread and milk with out treatment. I have found that the only thing that works for me is 30mg of prevacid a day...it can get pricey, but it's the only thing that works for me.

ej0820

hey there...

ej0820

hey there...

ej0820

hey there...
<br />
<br />I have had horrible reflux. It's gotten to the point that I can only eat bread and milk with out treatment. I have found that the only thing that works for me is 30mg of prevacid a day...it can get pricey, but it's the only thing that works for me.

S

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Solo</b></i>

Humans are the only adults in the animal kingdom to consume dairy, IMO almost everyone has a sensitivity to dairy in some form, whether it be a rash, diarrhea, or upset stomach, you may not know it yet.</end quote></div>

my mom used to say "cow milk is for baby cows". we still drank it, though.

S

Humans are the only adults in the animal kingdom to consume dairy, IMO almost everyone has a sensitivity to dairy in some form, whether it be a rash, diarrhea, or upset stomach, you may not know it yet.</end quote></div>

S

S

Humans are the only adults in the animal kingdom to consume dairy, IMO almost everyone has a sensitivity to dairy in some form, whether it be a rash, diarrhea, or upset stomach, you may not know it yet.</end quote>

S

<br />
<br />Humans are the only adults in the animal kingdom to consume dairy, IMO almost everyone has a sensitivity to dairy in some form, whether it be a rash, diarrhea, or upset stomach, you may not know it yet.</end quote>
<br />
<br />my mom used to say "cow milk is for baby cows". we still drank it, though.
<br />

Transplantmommy

I am Nexium right now because it is a normal medication after transplants. The docs said that most people have acid reflux after Tx....I don't know because they didn't let me see if I did....I just take the Nexium to help it stay away I guess.

Pre-Tx though....I didn't have any problems. The doctors were surprised and had me do this test where they put a tube down your nose and you keep the tube in for 24 hours and every time you eat something, you push some sort of button so they can measure your acid reflux to see how bad it is. Mine was fine.

If medications are not working for you, there is something that they can do where they wrap a portion of your stomach up around your esophagus (I think that's what it is) and it is supposed to eliminate (or at least reduce) the acid reflux. I know that most people do not want surgeries, but this is just a suggestion for someone who might have it so bad that medication doesn't work and can't handle it anymore. I don't know what the procedure is called, but I'm sure it can either be found on the Internet or you can talk to your doc about it. Having acid reflux all the time is not good anyway.

Edited: I found the procedure that I was talking about on the Mayo Clinic site. You can read about it here...
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/barretts-esophagus/HQ00312/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs">http://www.mayoclinic.com/heal...N=treatments-and-drugs</a>

Transplantmommy

I am Nexium right now because it is a normal medication after transplants. The docs said that most people have acid reflux after Tx....I don't know because they didn't let me see if I did....I just take the Nexium to help it stay away I guess.

Pre-Tx though....I didn't have any problems. The doctors were surprised and had me do this test where they put a tube down your nose and you keep the tube in for 24 hours and every time you eat something, you push some sort of button so they can measure your acid reflux to see how bad it is. Mine was fine.

If medications are not working for you, there is something that they can do where they wrap a portion of your stomach up around your esophagus (I think that's what it is) and it is supposed to eliminate (or at least reduce) the acid reflux. I know that most people do not want surgeries, but this is just a suggestion for someone who might have it so bad that medication doesn't work and can't handle it anymore. I don't know what the procedure is called, but I'm sure it can either be found on the Internet or you can talk to your doc about it. Having acid reflux all the time is not good anyway.

Edited: I found the procedure that I was talking about on the Mayo Clinic site. You can read about it here...
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/barretts-esophagus/HQ00312/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs">http://www.mayoclinic.com/heal...N=treatments-and-drugs</a>

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />Pre-Tx though....I didn't have any problems. The doctors were surprised and had me do this test where they put a tube down your nose and you keep the tube in for 24 hours and every time you eat something, you push some sort of button so they can measure your acid reflux to see how bad it is. Mine was fine.
<br />
<br />If medications are not working for you, there is something that they can do where they wrap a portion of your stomach up around your esophagus (I think that's what it is) and it is supposed to eliminate (or at least reduce) the acid reflux. I know that most people do not want surgeries, but this is just a suggestion for someone who might have it so bad that medication doesn't work and can't handle it anymore. I don't know what the procedure is called, but I'm sure it can either be found on the Internet or you can talk to your doc about it. Having acid reflux all the time is not good anyway.
<br />
<br />Edited: I found the procedure that I was talking about on the Mayo Clinic site. You can read about it here...
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/barretts-esophagus/HQ00312/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs">http://www.mayoclinic.com/heal...N=treatments-and-drugs</a>