Relocating to AZ (HELP)

Pumuckl

I live in Arizona and have lived here for 19 years and used to live in a cold climate that I did not do well in. I have also been employed in a field that required me to be exposed to the extreme heat we have out here and I did quite well (I would even say moreso than my co-workers).

I would be happy to answer any questions you have if you want to contact me via private message here that would be fine.

Have to run for now.

damiensmom

My son goes to the cf center in Pheonix( c.r.s ). I love the center there and I think you will to. My son is almost 2 and has gone there since birth. Actually P.C.H is were they go if and when they need to be hospitilized. The cf center is at St. Joes hospital a few blocks from P.C.H . I have never waited to be seen they get to you right away. I hope you enjoy Scottsdale.

damiensmom

My son goes to the cf center in Pheonix( c.r.s ). I love the center there and I think you will to. My son is almost 2 and has gone there since birth. Actually P.C.H is were they go if and when they need to be hospitilized. The cf center is at St. Joes hospital a few blocks from P.C.H . I have never waited to be seen they get to you right away. I hope you enjoy Scottsdale.

damiensmom

lscharlat

Pumuckl, thanks, I am sure I will have lots of other questions! I will send you a private message when I need some answers, thanks again!

damiensmom, I am so glad to hear positive feedback about the CF center, I have been so nervous about that, we are very happy with Anna's drs in Jersey & it's kinda hard to let go when your comfortable, which doctor does your son see there? Any info would be helpful thanks so much & your son is adorable!!!

lscharlat

Pumuckl, thanks, I am sure I will have lots of other questions! I will send you a private message when I need some answers, thanks again!

damiensmom, I am so glad to hear positive feedback about the CF center, I have been so nervous about that, we are very happy with Anna's drs in Jersey & it's kinda hard to let go when your comfortable, which doctor does your son see there? Any info would be helpful thanks so much & your son is adorable!!!

lscharlat

lscharlat

lscharlat

lscharlat

ehtansky21

Lisa,
WE have been going to PCH since Ethan's dx in 12/04. The nurses and front desk workers are great. Probably like most other CF centers, the docs and nutritionists don't like it much when you go against their recommendations, but they are tolerant.
As for the phoenix area...the summers are fine for Ethan's health...we just have to make sure he is well hydrated all the time...i would recommend getting a pool or finding friends with pools, as that is how we get through the summers here....the allergens are horrible, so if you all have allergies, be aware of that, there are just so many plants from all over the country here.....the winters can still be harsh on the immune system even though it is not so cold....we just are real careful as to where we go and who we see in the winter time.....the elevation is around 2000 feet I think...and the pollution is not the greatest.

Hope this helps...
Missa

ehtansky21

Lisa,
WE have been going to PCH since Ethan's dx in 12/04. The nurses and front desk workers are great. Probably like most other CF centers, the docs and nutritionists don't like it much when you go against their recommendations, but they are tolerant.
As for the phoenix area...the summers are fine for Ethan's health...we just have to make sure he is well hydrated all the time...i would recommend getting a pool or finding friends with pools, as that is how we get through the summers here....the allergens are horrible, so if you all have allergies, be aware of that, there are just so many plants from all over the country here.....the winters can still be harsh on the immune system even though it is not so cold....we just are real careful as to where we go and who we see in the winter time.....the elevation is around 2000 feet I think...and the pollution is not the greatest.

Hope this helps...
Missa

ehtansky21

Lisa,

Hope this helps...
Missa

Debi

I grew up in Michigan and moved to Phoenix in 1979. The dry, warm weather made a fantastic difference for me. The elevation in Phoenix is 1100 feet. Tucson's is 2,600. There is a time in August when it can get quite humid (it's called our monsoon season), and I can definitely feel the difference. But, you learn to take some extra precautions and adjust. The pollution has certainly gotten worse over the years, but it's not as bad as some other places - yet. I do not use the CF clinic at Phoenix Children's Hospital, but most of the families who use it really like it. They have an adult clinic there, but I did not like the doctor who runs it. I've had a long-standing relationship with my pulmonologist and it has worked great for me as an adult. There are so many ways for Anna to stay active here in Phoenix year round. The nearly year round sunshine will definitely lift your spirits. So, welcome to Arizona, and feel free to PM me if I can help in any way.

Debi

I grew up in Michigan and moved to Phoenix in 1979. The dry, warm weather made a fantastic difference for me. The elevation in Phoenix is 1100 feet. Tucson's is 2,600. There is a time in August when it can get quite humid (it's called our monsoon season), and I can definitely feel the difference. But, you learn to take some extra precautions and adjust. The pollution has certainly gotten worse over the years, but it's not as bad as some other places - yet. I do not use the CF clinic at Phoenix Children's Hospital, but most of the families who use it really like it. They have an adult clinic there, but I did not like the doctor who runs it. I've had a long-standing relationship with my pulmonologist and it has worked great for me as an adult. There are so many ways for Anna to stay active here in Phoenix year round. The nearly year round sunshine will definitely lift your spirits. So, welcome to Arizona, and feel free to PM me if I can help in any way.

Debi