Remembering......

Grendel

My thoughts and prayers go out to Allen (WinAce) and Jessica, who I thought offered so much wonderful debate and dialogue with a unique wit and outlook on this disease.

I also pray for my friend and mentor Alex Maish, 47, who died in March of 2005 in Albuquerque. Alex died in delaying his transplant, which he could have received up to a year previous. His good company and kind heart, which he shared with me for 23 years is very much missed.

Grendel

anonymous

You mean Alex passed a transplant up because he thought he 'wasn't that sick yet'? I guess I don't understand your post well enough.
He did contribute a lot to the Roundtable publication & is missed.
Hope

anonymous

I hope everyone had a peacefull Christmas, I would like to add my best friends name to this list Jonathan lost the battle a month ago and was burried on new years eve, he was buried at the back of his house in the country, really beautiful.
Their will always be a huge gap in my life.
People keep saying that i can move on now, what happens if i dont want to move on?

Mel x

JazzysMom

I think not wanting to will change. Its the natural course of life. For some the natural course goes quicker than others, but it still moves!

Allie

Not wanting to move on is normal. I still don't want to, 8 months out, sweet God, 8 months out tomorrow. The thing is, no one can tell you when it's right to move on, no one can. Only your heart knows when it's ready to let go. In some respects I have, and in some respects I cling stubbornly to it.

Just keep holding out, day by day, hour by hour, the pain never goes away, but it gets less raw with time. And some days will be ebtter than others. Just do what you need to. For you.

SFLMAN

I would like to remember my wife of 10 years. She was the best thing in my life!She left me with a wonderful daughter Maria who is 9.We lost Patty on Dec. 18 after 42 years with CF She went in for sinus surgery that was needed for a transplant or so we were told,I have alot of second thoughts about the surgery now but her CF doctor said she was ok for it or so he thought.

anonymous

Sam,
I'm sorry about the loss of your wife. What a hard time for you and your daughter to go through and for it to happen at the Holiday Season too.
It's a hard call on the sinus surgery. I am guessing the doctors suggested the surgery because she was growing some bacteria or infections in her sinus cavity that they were afraid would infect the new lungs so they wanted to get those out of there before the transplant.
It is just so hard to know what calls to make in these situations. Don't beat yourself up over it. Given the situation, I would have probably thought the surgery was the best option for me too.
I will certainly be praying for you.
Hope

anonymous

Mel x,

I learned from my widow's support group that you never really move on. Moving on sounds to me like getting over. We never get over the ones we love. I don't think we move on, I think we continue on. I wish you the best, grieving is such a hard journey .

Melissa

SFLMAN

Thanks for the kind words.I will be around here and wish I would have found this site sooner I think it is great for all of us.Those people with cf and those of us who love them.

anonymous

sam,
i am soooooooo sorry for your loss. hang in there. i lost my daughter in march she was only 17. day by day like allie says in your own way.thats all you can do.
this board helps a lot. its a good place to vent feel free whenever you need too. i reached out on here and i thank god i did...thanks allie & sandy. i will keep you in my prayers . take care
gail
(traci 2-2-88 - 3-24-05)

skydiverchic

I would just like to add that I lost my brother to cf 3 years ago in april/may between me and my oldest brother's birthdays. I have been struggling with dealing with his death since both me and my older brother deal with cf also.

rose4cale

I'd like to remember my aunt Beth who just passed away, Jan 2nd this year from a massive heart attack. It was so sudden. She loved my Cale like her own Grandson, so memorials are being sent to the CF Foundation in her memory. She is finally at peace with the daughter she lost years ago.

Irony seems to always happen to our family. Her daughter passed away on my sister's birthday and Beth passed away on my birthday.

momofjosh

I am new on this site, but I want to remember my son Josh who passed away January 19, 2006. I miss him terribly!!! He had a very hard life but was a wonderful, brave person who is very loved and missed!

momofjosh

I am new on this site, but I want to remember my son Josh who passed away January 19, 2006. I miss him terribly!!! He had a very hard life but was a wonderful, brave person who is very loved and missed!

anonymous

I too am new to this site, I needed to say something today and have now found the perfect place to do that. I would like to remember my nephew James, he passed away one year ago today, 9 months post tx, he was 26yrs old. Ironically, my son has his appointment with the transplant team today, to hopefully be listed.

Thank you for providing a place where I could come and say the things I feel this morning.

anonymous

I too am new to this site, I needed to say something today and have now found the perfect place to do that. I would like to remember my nephew James, he passed away one year ago today, 9 months post tx, he was 26yrs old. Ironically, my son has his appointment with the transplant team today, to hopefully be listed.

Thank you for providing a place where I could come and say the things I feel this morning.

Kristeenuh

<blockquote>Quote
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>
Since we dont have a seperate section to remember people yet I thought I would start a topic. It is the holiday time & we all know that we have lost a few people this year. Some we knew & some we knew of. I dont want to step on anyones toes by mentioning names without permission, but I am sure that the 2 I will start with there will be no problem. Of course we have Allan a/k/a WinAce who had become well known on the board & Ry who I never had the pleasure of getting to know personally, but feel like I know him from my chats with Allie. My love & thoughts are with Jessica & Allie along with their families as they try to get thru the holiday season with grace & pride knowing they had the honor of having these men in their lives. If there are others that would like to share names of fellow CFers or anyone that they lost, please feel free. I truly believe in keeping memories alive especially during the holidays when it can be a difficult time!<hr></blockquote>

My friend Ice died last August from CF. she never complained about her disease and she was so fun. she had fun up till the very end. she will be missed a lot. tomorrow (feb 10th) is the six month anniversary of her death.

Kristeenuh

<blockquote>Quote
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>
Since we dont have a seperate section to remember people yet I thought I would start a topic. It is the holiday time & we all know that we have lost a few people this year. Some we knew & some we knew of. I dont want to step on anyones toes by mentioning names without permission, but I am sure that the 2 I will start with there will be no problem. Of course we have Allan a/k/a WinAce who had become well known on the board & Ry who I never had the pleasure of getting to know personally, but feel like I know him from my chats with Allie. My love & thoughts are with Jessica & Allie along with their families as they try to get thru the holiday season with grace & pride knowing they had the honor of having these men in their lives. If there are others that would like to share names of fellow CFers or anyone that they lost, please feel free. I truly believe in keeping memories alive especially during the holidays when it can be a difficult time!<hr></blockquote>

My friend Ice died last August from CF. she never complained about her disease and she was so fun. she had fun up till the very end. she will be missed a lot. tomorrow (feb 10th) is the six month anniversary of her death.

SFLMAN

I knew it would be a tough month but I never expected it to start this soon I am already remembering the first day we left on our cruise March 19 2005 I can still see the smile on her face as the ship was leaving.Well today is the 18th and I am down way down 3 months in and its like yesterday.I wish I could turn back time but I know that will never happen.Why is it that the good memories bring so much pain???

momoftraci

REMEMBERING TRACI ANN<br>
Today is the first Anniversary...........Traci was 17 when she lost
her battle to cf..Today I'm gonna plant a flower bush for her. I
hope i can make it through the day. <br>
<br>
She was my life, Rest in Peace MY SWEET ANGEL