RESEARCH PAPER

MOME2RT

My good friend is studying to be a PA. She has 1 more year before she takes her boards. She called me tonight to ask me if I had anything in mind that I really wanted to know about CF. I laughed, & said "I thought I knew everything there is to know", but got to thinking, Im sure there is something......so this is why Im here. Do yall have any suggestions or topic(s) that you want to know more of on CF.

She is really gonna pour her heart & soul into this paper & she is trying to get it published as well. So I know she is gonna do a fantastic job on it! She told "me here's your chance" to find out anything about CF that I wanted.......

Thanks guys!

MOME2RT

My good friend is studying to be a PA. She has 1 more year before she takes her boards. She called me tonight to ask me if I had anything in mind that I really wanted to know about CF. I laughed, & said "I thought I knew everything there is to know", but got to thinking, Im sure there is something......so this is why Im here. Do yall have any suggestions or topic(s) that you want to know more of on CF.

She is really gonna pour her heart & soul into this paper & she is trying to get it published as well. So I know she is gonna do a fantastic job on it! She told "me here's your chance" to find out anything about CF that I wanted.......

Thanks guys!

MOME2RT

Thanks guys!

MOME2RT

Thanks guys!

MOME2RT

Thanks guys!

pjspiegle

Personally, I am interested in learning more about mycobacterium abscessus and treatment for CFer's as my friends daughter is beginning treatment for it and we may also be facing it too. Nathan grew it in Oct, it looks like he maybe growing it again from Dec labs, and haven't heard anything about his Jan labs yet.

What I have seen so far seems interesting, more so if Nathan had not grown it, but I am curious and would love to learn more about the treatment for it as well.

pjspiegle

Personally, I am interested in learning more about mycobacterium abscessus and treatment for CFer's as my friends daughter is beginning treatment for it and we may also be facing it too. Nathan grew it in Oct, it looks like he maybe growing it again from Dec labs, and haven't heard anything about his Jan labs yet.

What I have seen so far seems interesting, more so if Nathan had not grown it, but I am curious and would love to learn more about the treatment for it as well.

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

izemmom

This is probably pretty lame, but I'd love to know more about "symptomatic carriers." Some people beleive that there is such a thing, some don't. What is the occurance rate and what qualifies a sd a symptom? My husband has asthma, my non cf daughter and I have always had digestive difficulties. Are those relates to our carrier status? Are certain muations more likely to cause symptoms in carriers than others?

I have no idea how the heck you would research this. But it would be fun to read! Tell her good luck!

izemmom

This is probably pretty lame, but I'd love to know more about "symptomatic carriers." Some people beleive that there is such a thing, some don't. What is the occurance rate and what qualifies a sd a symptom? My husband has asthma, my non cf daughter and I have always had digestive difficulties. Are those relates to our carrier status? Are certain muations more likely to cause symptoms in carriers than others?

I have no idea how the heck you would research this. But it would be fun to read! Tell her good luck!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I think this is pretty cool. I would be interested in if what CF mutations you have have any effect on what bacteria colonize in you lungs. Are some people with CF more prone to picking up PA or MRSA or other bugs because of which mutations they carry.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I think this is pretty cool. I would be interested in if what CF mutations you have have any effect on what bacteria colonize in you lungs. Are some people with CF more prone to picking up PA or MRSA or other bugs because of which mutations they carry.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator