RESEARCH PAPER

T

TonyaH

I'm with Tami,,,,CF carrier symptoms have intrigued me as well. My non-cf family members run rampant with CF-like problems.

I'm also interested in the relation of CF to other pulmonary issues in families. ie. Why do so many families see CF and asthma..or CF and pulmonary fibrosis? Docs do not correlate the two, but just from talking to others, it sure seems like there is some kind of genetic thing going on there.

T

TonyaH

I'm with Tami,,,,CF carrier symptoms have intrigued me as well. My non-cf family members run rampant with CF-like problems.

I'm also interested in the relation of CF to other pulmonary issues in families. ie. Why do so many families see CF and asthma..or CF and pulmonary fibrosis? Docs do not correlate the two, but just from talking to others, it sure seems like there is some kind of genetic thing going on there.

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

M

Mommafirst

I'm over here w/Rebecca. I am really curious why, when most CF bugs are found everywhere, only some culture certain bugs and some others. I wonder if this is due to mutation or some other genetic, or perhaps some other feature.

M

Mommafirst

I'm over here w/Rebecca. I am really curious why, when most CF bugs are found everywhere, only some culture certain bugs and some others. I wonder if this is due to mutation or some other genetic, or perhaps some other feature.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

AUradar

a side issue, but to me its I'm still curious. Quarterly tune-ups is something that some clinics, especially Europe, is doing for CFers. One of the cons with it is the over use of antibotics, or rather bugs growing resistant to antibotics.. I've looked and I've had a hard time finding information on that subject other than they grow resistant mainly when incomplete or wrong treatments are adminsterd.

Maybe a research paper along those lines? Also good information for her to know across the board for patients.

AUradar

a side issue, but to me its I'm still curious. Quarterly tune-ups is something that some clinics, especially Europe, is doing for CFers. One of the cons with it is the over use of antibotics, or rather bugs growing resistant to antibotics.. I've looked and I've had a hard time finding information on that subject other than they grow resistant mainly when incomplete or wrong treatments are adminsterd.

Maybe a research paper along those lines? Also good information for her to know across the board for patients.

AUradar

AUradar

AUradar