researching doctors?

ashamalie

I have recently come across some startling information that was handed down by another paitient of our CF doctor. I don't want to jump to conclusions, so I'd like to research it myself...and see what I find.
Does anyone know how to begin this? Would I have good results just googling the dr's name? or should I go elsewhere?
I want to get the best care for my son I can possibly get locally, but if I can get better care elsewhere then I will go that route as well. I just don't want to pass judgement where it's not my place. I'm just meeting this dr and i don't know much about the rest of our team members, history wise, just that most of them are nice, and a few of them are downright soul stompers.

If you have any advice I thank you in advance!

ashamalie

I have recently come across some startling information that was handed down by another paitient of our CF doctor. I don't want to jump to conclusions, so I'd like to research it myself...and see what I find.
Does anyone know how to begin this? Would I have good results just googling the dr's name? or should I go elsewhere?
I want to get the best care for my son I can possibly get locally, but if I can get better care elsewhere then I will go that route as well. I just don't want to pass judgement where it's not my place. I'm just meeting this dr and i don't know much about the rest of our team members, history wise, just that most of them are nice, and a few of them are downright soul stompers.

ashamalie

ashamalie

ashamalie

M

Mommafirst

I'm not really sure the best way to go about it. You can search on the CF center outcomes and rankings at the CFF's site, but that won't give you specific doctor information. I suppose you could google, but that will probably just give public information, like if something was published in the paper. Otherwise, the credibility on the internet for some things might be questionable. Hmmm, I don't know, I'd think word of mouth in your community might be the best bet, but I have no idea how you can track down others that used this doctor. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

M

Mommafirst

I'm not really sure the best way to go about it. You can search on the CF center outcomes and rankings at the CFF's site, but that won't give you specific doctor information. I suppose you could google, but that will probably just give public information, like if something was published in the paper. Otherwise, the credibility on the internet for some things might be questionable. Hmmm, I don't know, I'd think word of mouth in your community might be the best bet, but I have no idea how you can track down others that used this doctor. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Probably your best bet is word of mouth. Locally we're trying to find a different CF doctor, so anytime we meet up with families of CFers at Great Strides or other CF events, we usually ask other parents where they go, how things are going, without expressing our unhappiness about one of our physicians.

Maybe there's someone on this site who lives in your area who you could p.m. Do an advanced search on the name of your clinic or locale and see if anything comes up.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Probably your best bet is word of mouth. Locally we're trying to find a different CF doctor, so anytime we meet up with families of CFers at Great Strides or other CF events, we usually ask other parents where they go, how things are going, without expressing our unhappiness about one of our physicians.

Maybe there's someone on this site who lives in your area who you could p.m. Do an advanced search on the name of your clinic or locale and see if anything comes up.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

ashamalie

thank you both. I get mixed results when I ask about our dr. But the it comes up a little tossed. just about half of the people i ask like and the other don't lol. So i guess it's just one of those, it's a personal preference.
I know I do NOT like our dietician. She made it seem like we were horrible parents because we give our son peppermint water for a tummy ache. Well, I'm sorry, but he needs to burp and I feel like he's too little for most meds out there. Peppermint flavored water will not kill him. My 3 year old is living proof. But she acted like it was the worst thing in the world.
grr. i hate disliking doctors. my "husband" (we're not married yet...lived together 2 1/2 years though) told me yesterday he didn't really trust our doctor. And I said then WHY are we going there? To which he replied...."It's closer." Of course we're in the car, so I stop the car. "I'm sorry, but we need to be doing what is best for our son, not what is best for our wallet. Okay, maybe we can't afford to drive 4 hours to a dr, one way. But by God, if that's the best place for my sons care, then God will see to it that we have what we need to make it there. He has never let me down before."
became an argument over whether he really needed the CPT and breathing treatments and all of that, simply based on the day they call with Corban's genetics results, saying that his mutations typically result in a malfunctioning pancreas. Where once again he got the, "i'm doing what's best for our son, with or without you." speech. I really think he's still in denial. He keeps saying that the tests are wrong, that Corban's fine. Well I've looked at the tests, and they don't say that. His diagnoses has been confirmed TWICE.
UGH...I just hate thinking about it. And doctor thing doesn't help any.

ashamalie

thank you both. I get mixed results when I ask about our dr. But the it comes up a little tossed. just about half of the people i ask like and the other don't lol. So i guess it's just one of those, it's a personal preference.
I know I do NOT like our dietician. She made it seem like we were horrible parents because we give our son peppermint water for a tummy ache. Well, I'm sorry, but he needs to burp and I feel like he's too little for most meds out there. Peppermint flavored water will not kill him. My 3 year old is living proof. But she acted like it was the worst thing in the world.
grr. i hate disliking doctors. my "husband" (we're not married yet...lived together 2 1/2 years though) told me yesterday he didn't really trust our doctor. And I said then WHY are we going there? To which he replied...."It's closer." Of course we're in the car, so I stop the car. "I'm sorry, but we need to be doing what is best for our son, not what is best for our wallet. Okay, maybe we can't afford to drive 4 hours to a dr, one way. But by God, if that's the best place for my sons care, then God will see to it that we have what we need to make it there. He has never let me down before."
became an argument over whether he really needed the CPT and breathing treatments and all of that, simply based on the day they call with Corban's genetics results, saying that his mutations typically result in a malfunctioning pancreas. Where once again he got the, "i'm doing what's best for our son, with or without you." speech. I really think he's still in denial. He keeps saying that the tests are wrong, that Corban's fine. Well I've looked at the tests, and they don't say that. His diagnoses has been confirmed TWICE.

ashamalie

ashamalie

ashamalie