Resources for atypical cases

Pianist

Does anyone know of any resources for cases of atypical CF (i.e. where lung issues are mild and the other symptoms are more pronounced)? or perhaps people on this forum who have atypical CF?

Pianist

Does anyone know of any resources for cases of atypical CF (i.e. where lung issues are mild and the other symptoms are more pronounced)? or perhaps people on this forum who have atypical CF?

Pianist

Pianist

Pianist

H

hopesiris

There is a book called "now that I have CF" by Solvay pharmaceuticals. You can only get it from a CF clinic. Most of the info I've come across has been on this site. Do some searches for "adult diagnosis" threads on this site, there are a lot of us with atypical CF.

I am 36 and have no lung damage yet, don't know of anyone else this old who cultures for a bug but doesn't have damage yet. There are several people my age who have similar health to mine with mild lung damage only, few or no hospitalizations and only doing a fraction of the usual treatments.

I did a post about high cholesterol once too this year, you can search for that though I'm not sure if there anyone else responded who has it.

H

hopesiris

There is a book called "now that I have CF" by Solvay pharmaceuticals. You can only get it from a CF clinic. Most of the info I've come across has been on this site. Do some searches for "adult diagnosis" threads on this site, there are a lot of us with atypical CF.

I am 36 and have no lung damage yet, don't know of anyone else this old who cultures for a bug but doesn't have damage yet. There are several people my age who have similar health to mine with mild lung damage only, few or no hospitalizations and only doing a fraction of the usual treatments.

I did a post about high cholesterol once too this year, you can search for that though I'm not sure if there anyone else responded who has it.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

Sakem

What type of resources are you looking for?

I'm not sure atypical CF is really any different than CF. While there are still a lot of CF people out there with lung problems, there are more and more CF people out there everyday, with mild lung issues. So I don't think a classification of atypical is anything different and does not change the fact that someone has CF and/or the way we treat it.

Sakem

I'm not sure atypical CF is really any different than CF. While there are still a lot of CF people out there with lung problems, there are more and more CF people out there everyday, with mild lung issues. So I don't think a classification of atypical is anything different and does not change the fact that someone has CF and/or the way we treat it.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

H

hopesiris

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sakem</b></i>

So I don't think a classification of atypical is anything different and does not change the fact that someone has CF and/or the way we treat it.</end quote></div>

That is very true. Ultimately the only difference is less CFTR malfunction, which means less/milder symptoms, slower disease progression and possible longer life expectancy. Of course it is hard to make life plans with little data on atypical cases. There are a lot of unknowns.

H

hopesiris

So I don't think a classification of atypical is anything different and does not change the fact that someone has CF and/or the way we treat it.</end quote></div>

That is very true. Ultimately the only difference is less CFTR malfunction, which means less/milder symptoms, slower disease progression and possible longer life expectancy. Of course it is hard to make life plans with little data on atypical cases. There are a lot of unknowns.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

So I don't think a classification of atypical is anything different and does not change the fact that someone has CF and/or the way we treat it.</end quote>

H

hopesiris

So I don't think a classification of atypical is anything different and does not change the fact that someone has CF and/or the way we treat it.</end quote>