Room Moisturizing Good or Not?

carmick

Why do you want to humidify your/your kids room? In my opinion, this is a risk/benefits situation. Sure, there is a risk, but if you change the water frequently and keep it clean you can cut down a lot of the risk. I get really severe nose bleeds, so come winter I run a humidifier outside of my room. That way my stuff doesn't get damp but the air is a lot better. But if I didn't have the need for it, I wouldn't risk having the humidifier.

K

kguben

Lots of thanks for all your answers and experiences. I think it is better to forget about it.

K

kguben

Lots of thanks for all your answers and experiences. I think it is better to forget about it.

K

kguben

Tisha

I'm glad you bring up this subject. I have recently realized that dry/humid climate may be affecting me in a huge way. I grew up in humid climate and was very ill. Age 15 I moved to Madrid (Spain) which is dry, and started needing IV treatment only once every 1-2 years. Age 23 I went to college in Utah, very very dry! I spent those 4 years without any IV treatments! After graduation I came back to my native island and have been really bad, these last two summers I've spent 2-3 months sick, IV treatments every 6 months, etc.

I was talking with my doctor about it this week and he said:
1) humid air is better for coughing up mucus and is generally recommended when you have lots to cough up
2) dry vs. humid climate shoud not make any difference per se
3) however, humid air breeds fungus, yeasts and other bugs so maybe I'm having an interaction of some sort.

As a result, at the end of September I'm moving back to Madrid for a year. I want to give it a try. If by July 2012 I haven't got ill again, I'll take it that I do better in dry climate.
This is my personal experiment, but has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks for sharing!

Tisha

I'm glad you bring up this subject. I have recently realized that dry/humid climate may be affecting me in a huge way. I grew up in humid climate and was very ill. Age 15 I moved to Madrid (Spain) which is dry, and started needing IV treatment only once every 1-2 years. Age 23 I went to college in Utah, very very dry! I spent those 4 years without any IV treatments! After graduation I came back to my native island and have been really bad, these last two summers I've spent 2-3 months sick, IV treatments every 6 months, etc.

I was talking with my doctor about it this week and he said:
1) humid air is better for coughing up mucus and is generally recommended when you have lots to cough up
2) dry vs. humid climate shoud not make any difference per se
3) however, humid air breeds fungus, yeasts and other bugs so maybe I'm having an interaction of some sort.

As a result, at the end of September I'm moving back to Madrid for a year. I want to give it a try. If by July 2012 I haven't got ill again, I'll take it that I do better in dry climate.
This is my personal experiment, but has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks for sharing!

Tisha

<br />
<br />I was talking with my doctor about it this week and he said:
<br />1) humid air is better for coughing up mucus and is generally recommended when you have lots to cough up
<br />2) dry vs. humid climate shoud not make any difference per se
<br />3) however, humid air breeds fungus, yeasts and other bugs so maybe I'm having an interaction of some sort.
<br />
<br />As a result, at the end of September I'm moving back to Madrid for a year. I want to give it a try. If by July 2012 I haven't got ill again, I'll take it that I do better in dry climate.
<br />This is my personal experiment, but has anyone else had a similar experience?
<br />Thanks for sharing!