Roommate?

bananagirl

I am starting college in the fall and am living on campus. I decided to not live in a single becasue I didn't want to isolate myself. I got my roommate last week and we have been talking a little. I am really nervous about telling her I have CF. I know I need to tell her but I don't know when. I am wondering what other people have done and when and how I should tell her. Thanks so much!

bananagirl

I am starting college in the fall and am living on campus. I decided to not live in a single becasue I didn't want to isolate myself. I got my roommate last week and we have been talking a little. I am really nervous about telling her I have CF. I know I need to tell her but I don't know when. I am wondering what other people have done and when and how I should tell her. Thanks so much!

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

B

bethylove

I had two roommates my freshman year and we all live in the same state, so we got together for lunch one day and I told them then. It was a couple of months before we actually had to move in, so if either of them had an issue with me having CF they could have worked with student housing and switched. But both roommates were awesome about it, and I even continued living with one of my roommates for my second year too. She even use to do chest pt on me! haha. But I would probably tell them sooner rather than later, so they have some idea of what to expect.

Good Luck at school, I'm sure you'll have a blast. =)

B

bethylove

I had two roommates my freshman year and we all live in the same state, so we got together for lunch one day and I told them then. It was a couple of months before we actually had to move in, so if either of them had an issue with me having CF they could have worked with student housing and switched. But both roommates were awesome about it, and I even continued living with one of my roommates for my second year too. She even use to do chest pt on me! haha. But I would probably tell them sooner rather than later, so they have some idea of what to expect.

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

<br />
<br />Good Luck at school, I'm sure you'll have a blast. =)

needingadvice13

I'm in the same position as you are but I don't have my roommate yet. I only have to do my neb once a day so it's not THAT big of a deal, but I don't want to be coughing up mucus in front of my roommate all day/night because I would feel badly. I guess I would probably do my treatments when my roommate was at class so they didn't have to listen to it? I don't really know yet because I haven't worked out the kinks haha

needingadvice13

I'm in the same position as you are but I don't have my roommate yet. I only have to do my neb once a day so it's not THAT big of a deal, but I don't want to be coughing up mucus in front of my roommate all day/night because I would feel badly. I guess I would probably do my treatments when my roommate was at class so they didn't have to listen to it? I don't really know yet because I haven't worked out the kinks haha

needingadvice13

needingadvice13

needingadvice13

vtom

i don't think it would bad to tell. My girlfriend has CF to and she told it to me after a few days ... It is a decease like another and nothing to be ashamed off.

vtom

i don't think it would bad to tell. My girlfriend has CF to and she told it to me after a few days ... It is a decease like another and nothing to be ashamed off.

vtom

vtom

vtom