Rsv

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's a NASTY virus which involves lots and lots of mucus, so it's VERY important to keep those lungs clear. Increase vest/cpt treatments as much as possible. I believe albuterol can be done every 4 hours, so you could vest and neb as often as that. And/or supplement with mini cpt treatments to focus on the areas with extra problems. Increase fluids. Monitor for a secondary infection. Monitor breathing.

cabadie1

We are doing xophenex and hyper sal, then 3 hrs later doing albuterol. Rotating all day. She started steroids yesterday, which I think are helping. I am really hoping to keep her out of the hospital.

stonefly07

Yes, I had RSV 2 Christmas's ago. There was nothing they could do for it, I just had to let it run it's course. Just be very diligent with Nebs and treatments. The only thing I was put on for it was Nebulized Albuterol instead of the puffer that I usually do. I was doing treatments 4 times a day which consisted of the vest for 30 minutes each time, or longer depending on how much I could take. Really push the liquids.... Hope he or she feels better soon.....