Rubie got her gtube

rubiesmom

Hi everyone, Rubie got her gtube on wednesday. The surgey went well but she is still in some pain. She tends to walk all hunched over because her tummy is real sore. We have been doing manual cpt but coughing makes her scream because it hurts so bad. My question is how long will it take for her to heal and be able to do her vest? I just cant see making her do her vest now.

rubiesmom

Hi everyone, Rubie got her gtube on wednesday. The surgey went well but she is still in some pain. She tends to walk all hunched over because her tummy is real sore. We have been doing manual cpt but coughing makes her scream because it hurts so bad. My question is how long will it take for her to heal and be able to do her vest? I just cant see making her do her vest now.

rubiesmom

rubiesmom

rubiesmom

JennyCoulon

It will probably take a week before she starts not feeling the pain so much. Our oldest Mason got his button about 3 years ago and we had a big issue with granulation tissue and that is what was painful.

He got back to doing Vest within a week or week and a half and it went fine. Check with your CF team b/c we got this blue spongy thing that is a block and then you cut a hole where her button can fit into it so it takes the pressure off. If it hurts with manual percussion or you know that she is going to cough a lot maybe try and give her some motrin before you start. The turn around time is usually fairly quickly. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

JennyCoulon

It will probably take a week before she starts not feeling the pain so much. Our oldest Mason got his button about 3 years ago and we had a big issue with granulation tissue and that is what was painful.

He got back to doing Vest within a week or week and a half and it went fine. Check with your CF team b/c we got this blue spongy thing that is a block and then you cut a hole where her button can fit into it so it takes the pressure off. If it hurts with manual percussion or you know that she is going to cough a lot maybe try and give her some motrin before you start. The turn around time is usually fairly quickly. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

<br />
<br />He got back to doing Vest within a week or week and a half and it went fine. Check with your CF team b/c we got this blue spongy thing that is a block and then you cut a hole where her button can fit into it so it takes the pressure off. If it hurts with manual percussion or you know that she is going to cough a lot maybe try and give her some motrin before you start. The turn around time is usually fairly quickly. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

M

Mommafirst

I agree with the pp, about a week post surgery is when we went back to the vest. We never needed to cusion it after that. The hardest days are the adjustment period, hopefully she hels quickly!!

M

Mommafirst

I agree with the pp, about a week post surgery is when we went back to the vest. We never needed to cusion it after that. The hardest days are the adjustment period, hopefully she hels quickly!!

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst