s1235r and delf508

oneill1015

<br>my son was just diagnosed with s1235r and delf508... does anyone have this specific combo?? if so what are the symptoms like?

oneill1015

<br>my son was just diagnosed with s1235r and delf508... does anyone have this specific combo?? if so what are the symptoms like?

oneill1015

ep1713

Hi!

I see you are new on here. You might want to repost this in the newly diagnosed section. You might get more answers there. Also, be sure to log in from time to time in case anyone private messages you. I never did this for a long time and had several replies in my in box I didn't know about for quite a while.

Sorry about your son's diagnosis but hopefully you will find some helpful information on here.

ep1713

Hi!

I see you are new on here. You might want to repost this in the newly diagnosed section. You might get more answers there. Also, be sure to log in from time to time in case anyone private messages you. I never did this for a long time and had several replies in my in box I didn't know about for quite a while.

Sorry about your son's diagnosis but hopefully you will find some helpful information on here.

ep1713

Hi!

tesorotiffa

I have both of those. From the way my genetic results report read, the S1235R is benign. I had Delta F508 and
R785X, which are both common mutations. Then I had two others that were benign (including the S1235R). As far as the symptoms, I think it varies with everyone just like CF in general does. I am 29, FEV1 at 66%, and I am doing pretty fantastic. I have cultured Pseudomonas since I was really young, and I was rarely sick or hospitalized. My health did start to decline about 5 years ago when I started culturing MRSA. I am pancreatic insufficient, but I have never had trouble gaining or keeping weight on. I do not have CFRD or any other CF extras. If you have any other questions, just let me know!

tesorotiffa

I have both of those. From the way my genetic results report read, the S1235R is benign. I had Delta F508 and
R785X, which are both common mutations. Then I had two others that were benign (including the S1235R). As far as the symptoms, I think it varies with everyone just like CF in general does. I am 29, FEV1 at 66%, and I am doing pretty fantastic. I have cultured Pseudomonas since I was really young, and I was rarely sick or hospitalized. My health did start to decline about 5 years ago when I started culturing MRSA. I am pancreatic insufficient, but I have never had trouble gaining or keeping weight on. I do not have CFRD or any other CF extras. If you have any other questions, just let me know!

tesorotiffa