S1235R

LouLou

I learned yesterday that my 3 month old son has S1235R along with G551D. Does anyone out there have S1235R?

LouLou

I learned yesterday that my 3 month old son has S1235R along with G551D. Does anyone out there have S1235R?

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

LAstar

My son has this mutation. His other one is W1282X. I tried to research it a few years ago. It seems that it can be a more mild mutation. But I also read that it can depend on what mutation it is paired with. In my son's case he seem to have more classic symptom. He is 7 and is pancreatic insufficient, cultures staph A., and has sinus problems. Never been hospitalized. Also his sweat test was 100.

One article I found stated that this mutation is much more common then previously thought and SHOULD be added to the short list of mutations tested for.

Take Care,

Lisa, mom to 3 kids, 1 w/cf.

LAstar

My son has this mutation. His other one is W1282X. I tried to research it a few years ago. It seems that it can be a more mild mutation. But I also read that it can depend on what mutation it is paired with. In my son's case he seem to have more classic symptom. He is 7 and is pancreatic insufficient, cultures staph A., and has sinus problems. Never been hospitalized. Also his sweat test was 100.

One article I found stated that this mutation is much more common then previously thought and SHOULD be added to the short list of mutations tested for.

Take Care,

LAstar

Take Care,

LAstar

Take Care,

LAstar

Take Care,

downsouth

Hi there! Im from NZ and was amazed to find someone talking about S1235R because I came to this site looking for R75Q. My daughter has those two genes.
Both are atypical and mild and so compared to many she is not sick. Mainly chest infections, pancreatic SUFFICIENCY and in the past many borderline sweatests.
Her whole story is on the newly diagnosed replying to Larasmommy.
So just take a day at a time, and treat what have to and the rest of the time keep it normal.
Keep positive and look forward to hearing back from you (my daughter was diagnosed at 5 years and is now almost 17 and does every physical activity you could imagine)

E

downsouth

Hi there! Im from NZ and was amazed to find someone talking about S1235R because I came to this site looking for R75Q. My daughter has those two genes.
Both are atypical and mild and so compared to many she is not sick. Mainly chest infections, pancreatic SUFFICIENCY and in the past many borderline sweatests.
So just take a day at a time, and treat what have to and the rest of the time keep it normal.
Keep positive and look forward to hearing back from you (my daughter was diagnosed at 5 years and is now almost 17 and does every physical activity you could imagine)

E

downsouth

E

downsouth

E

downsouth

E