saline

AmyKins

well I did my first saline treatment today- WOW!! did that make me cough like a maniac, but I felt good after. My only complaint is that it really bothered my throat- does anyone know what I should do to maybe make it a little less annoying? like maybe suck on a candy or something?

AmyKins

well I did my first saline treatment today- WOW!! did that make me cough like a maniac, but I felt good after. My only complaint is that it really bothered my throat- does anyone know what I should do to maybe make it a little less annoying? like maybe suck on a candy or something?

littledebbie

Amy I have no legitimate advice although I think candy is always a good solution to lifes problems, and I wanted to say your login name...how cute is that?

littledebbie

Amy I have no legitimate advice although I think candy is always a good solution to lifes problems, and I wanted to say your login name...how cute is that?

LouLou

It made me cough and gave me a raw throat for the 1st 2 wks. Now I can handle it. What % are you on?

LouLou

It made me cough and gave me a raw throat for the 1st 2 wks. Now I can handle it. What % are you on?

RoyalPrince

i hear a lot about CFers using the hypertonic saline... are all of you in Canada or is it available here in the states as well..? if so where can i get it and do i need a prescription cause i asked my doc about it at my last visit and she gave me the impression it was a clinical trial right now and it wasn't available to use... i would like to try this and have read a few places of people mixing there own... i'm not sure if i want to go that route but if i must then i must, right...

RoyalPrince

i hear a lot about CFers using the hypertonic saline... are all of you in Canada or is it available here in the states as well..? if so where can i get it and do i need a prescription cause i asked my doc about it at my last visit and she gave me the impression it was a clinical trial right now and it wasn't available to use... i would like to try this and have read a few places of people mixing there own... i'm not sure if i want to go that route but if i must then i must, right...

Faust

I was thinkin of tryin the hypertonic saline, but man another 40+ bucks PER MONTH for salt water? I'd like to try it, but I already feel great, and don't want to shell out another 50 bucks a month for another supplement.

Faust

I was thinkin of tryin the hypertonic saline, but man another 40+ bucks PER MONTH for salt water? I'd like to try it, but I already feel great, and don't want to shell out another 50 bucks a month for another supplement.

catboogie

re saline and coughing/irritation: try mixing the h.saline with some albuterol aq.

re availability: yes you need a prescription, and the trials are over, your doctor needs to get with the program.

catboogie

re saline and coughing/irritation: try mixing the h.saline with some albuterol aq.

re availability: yes you need a prescription, and the trials are over, your doctor needs to get with the program.

RoyalPrince

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr>the trials are over, your doctor needs to get with the program.<hr></blockquote>

maybe she does... seems pretty with it but then again i really didn't have anything to compair to until i got on this site...

RoyalPrince

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr>the trials are over, your doctor needs to get with the program.<hr></blockquote>

maybe she does... seems pretty with it but then again i really didn't have anything to compair to until i got on this site...

AmyKins

Im on 7%. I think it works great so far, but I don't like the aggrevation in my throat, but I guess its worth it.

Debbie- thanks- my dad (who has passed away) always used to call me AmyKins so I like it =)

AmyKins

Im on 7%. I think it works great so far, but I don't like the aggrevation in my throat, but I guess its worth it.

Debbie- thanks- my dad (who has passed away) always used to call me AmyKins so I like it =)