Salt for a newborn

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It was NOT suggested for us when DS was that little until he started eating solids at age 6 months.

We were warned that baby food (jarred) is low in fat and sodium, so if we were going to feed him that, we might want to add little salt, but otherwise to grind up and feed him normal food.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It was NOT suggested for us when DS was that little until he started eating solids at age 6 months.

We were warned that baby food (jarred) is low in fat and sodium, so if we were going to feed him that, we might want to add little salt, but otherwise to grind up and feed him normal food.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We were warned that baby food (jarred) is low in fat and sodium, so if we were going to feed him that, we might want to add little salt, but otherwise to grind up and feed him normal food.

petnurse

My CF center has had him on salt for quite a while. We give 1 packet (1/8tsp) daily. I was told by the nutritionist to expect an increase to 1/4 tsp at 6 months. I don't know about your baby, but I taste salt on his forehead all the time, which means he is losing it (I did not taste it until he was atleast 1 month old). He also loses a lot in his tears if he cries. I would ask your Dr at the CF center just to be sure.

petnurse

My CF center has had him on salt for quite a while. We give 1 packet (1/8tsp) daily. I was told by the nutritionist to expect an increase to 1/4 tsp at 6 months. I don't know about your baby, but I taste salt on his forehead all the time, which means he is losing it (I did not taste it until he was atleast 1 month old). He also loses a lot in his tears if he cries. I would ask your Dr at the CF center just to be sure.

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse