Salt rooms ?

Dowling

My best friends hubby is a acupuncturist and an herbologist and he has a salt room. I googled it and it has actually been shown to improve breathing in cystic fibrosis. ( quoted by a pulmonologist) anybody try this?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would be concerned with their ability to clean, sterilize surfaces and areas. A lot of the places have toys, lawn chairs...

just1more

In theory they could/might work and I know of some people with CF that have had or used them.

However, to my knowledge there is no existing research to back up if they really work. It comes down to one of an uncountable number of ideas somebody has to make this disease more manageable. Each person has to way the pros/cons and decide if it is worth the risk.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I think the risks of exposure outweigh the potential benefit, especially since you can do your own "salt room" with hyper tonic saline and I'd suggest that start around age 2. That is sterile, at home, and prescription.

Actually I was told the same - not to since the rooms are not cleaned as well as we would like and many sick use them, kids play with the salt and so on...