Salty skin, no other noteable symptoms

erock77

I say get him tested, at least it could put your mind at ease, and if he does have CF at least you can start treating it early. There's a bunch of people on this forum that weren't diagnosed till teens or later in life b/c they didn't show obvious symptoms. He may have a "mild" case. When you get tested, go to a CF Center, I've heard of inaccurate results coming from other places, hopefully one is nearby. To find one near you check out this site: http://www.cff.org/aboutCFFoundation/Locations/FindACareCenter/

S

Swallowtail66

Every dog and cat on the block would lick my children.  I could never figure it out.  They were using them as a salt block.  Also, you could see their tear tracks after the tears dried.  They were little crusty white trails.  Get a sweat test.  If it isn't absolutely negative, keep bringing it up over and over.  Both my kids' sweat tests are borderline.  Mine are usually normal.  If further symptoms develop, bring it up every time.  I was 37 before I got help.  Now I lead a relatively healthy life with set backs here and there. 

S

Swallowtail66

Every dog and cat on the block would lick my children. I could never figure it out. They were using them as a salt block. Also, you could see their tear tracks after the tears dried. They were little crusty white trails. Get a sweat test. If it isn't absolutely negative, keep bringing it up over and over. Both my kids' sweat tests are borderline. Mine are usually normal. If further symptoms develop, bring it up every time. I was 37 before I got help. Now I lead a relatively healthy life with set backs here and there.

S

Swallowtail66

<BR>Every dog and cat on the block would lick my children. I could never figure it out. They were using them as a salt block. Also, you could see their tear tracks after the tears dried. They were little crusty white trails. Get a sweat test. If it isn't absolutely negative, keep bringing it up over and over. Both my kids' sweat tests are borderline. Mine are usually normal. If further symptoms develop, bring it up every time. I was 37 before I got help. Now I lead a relatively healthy life with set backs here and there.