Searching for a list of mutated genes

Vampy

(VEST)Hi everyone, i am looking for a list of mutations of CF and how they effect the body. I have previously seen one and i cannot remember where i seen it. If someone knows where one is, please send a link.
Also, if anyone knows if the new version for double delta F508 of Kalydeco will also treat F508 with a different gene? Much love to you all and prayers for our fallen angels!!

P

Patti Rowland

(VEST)Hi everyone, i am looking for a list of mutations of CF and how they effect the body. I have previously seen one and i cannot remember where i seen it. If someone knows where one is, please send a link.
Also, if anyone knows if the new version for double delta F508 of Kalydeco will also treat F508 with a different gene? Much love to you all and prayers for our fallen angels!!
Yes, I have been told by more than one Dr. that my daughter who has only one copy of the deltaF508 gene should be helped by the drug though research so far indicates the improvement is not quite as much as the people who carry 2 copies. However, often people with 2 copies of the same gene do worse than people who carry 2 different genes anyway. And this is just the start, so I think we have a lot of reason to be hopeful!

kari anne

Hi! I found an app for my Iphone with a list and illustrations of the different mutations. If you search for cyctic fibrosis in app store its called CF gene E I think.