Seeing problems

Bubbalove

Hello again! :)

Another question I wanted to ask is if anyone has experienced seeing problems that may be due to CF or medications they are on. My boyfriend is on TOBI, Pulmozyme, Zithromax, and vitamins pretty much on a daily basis. Lately, his eyes have been irritating him- especially if he is driving at nighttime. I think he needs to see an eye doctor, but was wondering if anyone has had this problem.

Thanks!

thefrogprincess

I've never heard of anyone having vision problems relating to their meds (but that doesn't mean it can't happen), he could just be farsighted or something. I have problems driving at night too and this is what my eye doctor told me: Because of street lights and oncoming headlights your eyes can't adjust to the dark like they should for you to be able to see well. THis is especially true if you live in a rural area where its really dark and a car comes toward you then as soon as it passes you can't see for a second because your eyes are adjusting again. There isn't too much you can do about it but if it is a huge problem you can get REALLY lightly tinted glasses to cut down on some of the glare so your eyes aren't going crazy all the time.

HollyCatheryn

I'm not sure about this, but diabetes might cause vision problems. You can look up those individual meds for side-effects on <A href="http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/brand.htm">www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/brand.htm</A>. Hope that helps. Vision changes can also be related to fluid retention (your eyeballs can actually retain fluid and then their shape changes and can cause a sort of astymatism (sp?)). Food for thought.

spicyone18

I dont have a solution and I dont know what its from but, I too have a very hard time driving at nighttime in the dark. Or just seeing in the dark for that matter. I always thought it was from low vitamin levels.

miesl

I second the "it could be diabetes related" statement - blood sugar problems are known to cause vision problems, has he been checked for glucose tolerance lately? Also - it's probably just a good idea to see an eye doctor.

JazzysMom

I use to have problems. Although I still wear glasses for distance, I dont get the headaches & dizziness when I take them off awhile. My problem was corrected with Chirpractic care. Many people are against it, but it served its purpose for me at the time. Remember that our bodies go through a lot with the therapy & coughing. Its normal for things to go out of line.

anonymous

Years of Vitamin A malapsorbtion can ultimately lead to night blindness...or at least difficulties seeing at night.

Amy
36 w/CF

Bubbalove

I just wanted to update everyone- my boyfriend was checked for glucose in his blood and the results came back negative.. yay! He doesn't have daibetes- I was scared for a bit b/c he was peeing often and was complaining about his eyes.. but sofar, so good. - I will def. get him an appt with an eye doctor.

blindhearted

I have sensitive eyes when driving at night (all headlights are bright to me) to the point I try not to drive too much. I can, just dont like to. My eyes are also dry (eye doc says its probably from being on a lot of meds) which can make it hard to wear my contacts comfortably. I use Real Tears drops for Mild Dry eyes to help. I had a few diabetic test as well and all were negative even though my sugar bottoms out every now and again.

anonymous

hi,

im on all of those, chronically (i think thats the word) and i've never had any problem with seeing, as it relates to the medication im taking. Is he taking TOBI and Pulmizyme at the same time??? my dr. advised me not to do that, but instead, take the Pulmazyme on my Off month for TOBI. Its Probably not that, but w/e, just thought i'd give my 2 cents. Hope everything works out! maybe he just needs glasses??? hehe, good luck.

Bubbalove

My boyfriend has had the same "cycle" of medicine for the past few months (until recently- bc he is on IV) where he would do TOBI every other month, and did Pulmozyme everyday.. Why did your dr. tell you not to do them together? He would do one after the other, twice a day... Is that bad?