Send to school or not??

VickiN

Hi,
<P>My daughter 14 has been being treated for nocardia for the last 8 months and got better and now has been going backwards. Well we are now going to stop treatment of the nocardia and start treatment of aspergillus. They are thinking that the nocardia is gone and it is the aspergillus that is causing the problems. She has had aspergillus for a few years and it has not been a problem till now. We start treatment today. I guess my question is... Do we stay on the safe side and keep her home from school for a week or so until the antifungal kicks in? We are thinking that we DO NOT want her to pick up anything else, cold, flu...., and maybe keeping her home for the next week (then she has Christmas break for a week) might be a good idea? But is that overkill? I am not sure what to do and just thought maybe I could get some advise on what you would do. Thanks for any thoughts.</P>
<P>Vicki</P>
<P>Mom of 2 with cf...18 and 14</P>

VickiN

Hi,
<P>My daughter 14 has been being treated for nocardia for the last 8 months and got better and now has been going backwards. Well we are now going to stop treatment of the nocardia and start treatment of aspergillus. They are thinking that the nocardia is gone and it is the aspergillus that is causing the problems. She has had aspergillus for a few years and it has not been a problem till now. We start treatment today. I guess my question is... Do we stay on the safe side and keep her home from school for a week or so until the antifungal kicks in? We are thinking that we DO NOT want her to pick up anything else, cold, flu...., and maybe keeping her home for the next week (then she has Christmas break for a week) might be a good idea? But is that overkill? I am not sure what to do and just thought maybe I could get some advise on what you would do. Thanks for any thoughts.</P>
<P>Vicki</P>
<P>Mom of 2 with cf...18 and 14</P>

Gnome

I am not sure what to tell you and I am not familiar with what you are treating. But if you leave her at home she probably won't miss much school as it is kind of a lax time of year educationally. However, I agree this is the time of year everybody is most sick and you probably don't want complications with it.

Gnome

I am not sure what to tell you and I am not familiar with what you are treating. But if you leave her at home she probably won't miss much school as it is kind of a lax time of year educationally. However, I agree this is the time of year everybody is most sick and you probably don't want complications with it.

Simba15

if it were me i would keep her home. I assume she has had homebound tutoring while she has been out?

Simba15

if it were me i would keep her home. I assume she has had homebound tutoring while she has been out?