Sensitivity to Sound with TOBI?

JRB52

Well. I've been off of my two week trial of TOBI for eight days now and the sensitivity to sound seems to be getting worse. Making me a little stressed. I suppose I should go to the ENT, but I read that if it is indeed the TOBI that is causing this, there is nothing they can do. I'm not having very good luck with these meds and I'm afraid to try any other ones.

JRB52

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bharison</b></i>

I have had this same problem "ringing in the ears" and sensitivity to noises like-clanging dishes, leaf blowers etc.

I had IV Tobramycin for 14 days and then put on Tobi and had to stop for worry about hearing. I am over 60 so in the high risk group.

BMH Ventura</end quote></div>

JRB52

I have had this same problem "ringing in the ears" and sensitivity to noises like-clanging dishes, leaf blowers etc.

I had IV Tobramycin for 14 days and then put on Tobi and had to stop for worry about hearing. I am over 60 so in the high risk group.

BMH Ventura</end quote>

JRB52

<br />
<br />I have had this same problem "ringing in the ears" and sensitivity to noises like-clanging dishes, leaf blowers etc.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I had IV Tobramycin for 14 days and then put on Tobi and had to stop for worry about hearing. I am over 60 so in the high risk group.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />BMH Ventura</end quote>

JRB52

BMH Ventura</end quote></div>

I was just wondering if your sensitivity to sound improved after you stopped the TOBI.

JRB52

BMH Ventura</end quote>

I was just wondering if your sensitivity to sound improved after you stopped the TOBI.

JRB52

<br />
<br />I have had this same problem "ringing in the ears" and sensitivity to noises like-clanging dishes, leaf blowers etc.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I had IV Tobramycin for 14 days and then put on Tobi and had to stop for worry about hearing. I am over 60 so in the high risk group.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />BMH Ventura</end quote>
<br />
<br />I was just wondering if your sensitivity to sound improved after you stopped the TOBI.

bharison

TO JRB

I can say the "ringing in the ears" was quieter a month or so after I stopped the Tobi. Noise sensitivity is about the same.

I did get a baseline hearing test done Sept. 2010 so hearing can be evaluated, if I have to take Tobi or other drugs that affect hearing again.

My doc wants me to go on Tobi again to alternate with Cayston. I am not excited about this.

By the way, Cayston did not bother my hearing. Maybe that could work for you.

BMH Ventura

BMH Ventura

bharison

TO JRB

I can say the "ringing in the ears" was quieter a month or so after I stopped the Tobi. Noise sensitivity is about the same.

I did get a baseline hearing test done Sept. 2010 so hearing can be evaluated, if I have to take Tobi or other drugs that affect hearing again.

My doc wants me to go on Tobi again to alternate with Cayston. I am not excited about this.

By the way, Cayston did not bother my hearing. Maybe that could work for you.

BMH Ventura

BMH Ventura

bharison

TO JRB
<br />
<br />I can say the "ringing in the ears" was quieter a month or so after I stopped the Tobi. Noise sensitivity is about the same.
<br />
<br />I did get a baseline hearing test done Sept. 2010 so hearing can be evaluated, if I have to take Tobi or other drugs that affect hearing again.
<br />
<br />My doc wants me to go on Tobi again to alternate with Cayston. I am not excited about this.
<br />
<br />By the way, Cayston did not bother my hearing. Maybe that could work for you.
<br />
<br />BMH Ventura
<br />
<br />BMH Ventura

JRB52

Thanks BMH...

I'm glad your ringing stopped. I don't really think I have ringing, but I'm hoping the sensitivity will go away. My doctor wants me to do IV, which I've never done, but it seems like so many of those antibiotics have ototoxicity side effects and I'm wondering if I'll be prone to it with these meds since it seems the TOBI has effected me. It's all so daunting.
So, your doctor isn't concerned about your hearing issues--wanting you to go back on the TOBI? I don't blame you for wanting to avoid that.

JRB52

Thanks BMH...

I'm glad your ringing stopped. I don't really think I have ringing, but I'm hoping the sensitivity will go away. My doctor wants me to do IV, which I've never done, but it seems like so many of those antibiotics have ototoxicity side effects and I'm wondering if I'll be prone to it with these meds since it seems the TOBI has effected me. It's all so daunting.
So, your doctor isn't concerned about your hearing issues--wanting you to go back on the TOBI? I don't blame you for wanting to avoid that.

JRB52

Thanks BMH...
<br />
<br />I'm glad your ringing stopped. I don't really think I have ringing, but I'm hoping the sensitivity will go away. My doctor wants me to do IV, which I've never done, but it seems like so many of those antibiotics have ototoxicity side effects and I'm wondering if I'll be prone to it with these meds since it seems the TOBI has effected me. It's all so daunting.
<br />So, your doctor isn't concerned about your hearing issues--wanting you to go back on the TOBI? I don't blame you for wanting to avoid that.