severe pancreatic insufficiency

clinging2faith

I am 44yrs old. and have always been very pancreatic insufficient, but now its worse.
I was told when I was 5ys old i had Celiac Disease.
At age 24 dx with cf which sort of cancelled out the celiac disease (or we thought). But now there is question of whether i have also Celiac disease since i have so many digestive and gastro problems (intolerant to wheat, eggs, fats, and now red meats and any processed meat iwth high fat content).

If I eat the wrong foods (most proteins except soy) I get pancreatitis shortly after.
hOwever the gastro doc said it cant be pancreatitis if my pancreas is totally fatty replaced. (Thats' what i was told 5yrs ago after an endoscopy). So now i have to find out if indeed my pancreas is totally fatty replaced and why i get pancreatic pain with food even with the enzymes.
I say it is the pancreas because the pains are horrible, i cannot move, talk, walk, and it radiates from my abdomen to my back and up to the neck. Invariably if the pain is extreme I end up in the hospital for at least a week.

Does anybody have a totally fatty replaced pancreas and still get pancreatitis? Can anyone relate to the pain i describe after a few minutes of eating fatty foods? or meats even while taking enzymes?

Im 92lbs today. (gained 4lbs in 6weeks---lots of flans, sugars, juice all the goodies ). SO I HOPE that Im not diabetic coz i dont know what i will do if i cant eat again hardly anything as 2yrs ago when the diabetes struck after medicated with Solu-Medrol, and left me pretty much bones.

P.T. says Im WEAK so i have to improve and gain muscle. That means eat more and im freaking out coz it hurts a lot to eat. I cant function bc of this. My gastro probs.

I am aware VERY of CF diet and nutritional needs. I know foods, food combinations, what to eat and what not to depending on the hour of the day etc, still i remain with my problem how to gain weight without the pain and red meats? (and i wish i could sink my teeth in a juicy steak but i dont dare get pancreatitis as the last time I had some put me 2 weeks in hospital).

Anyone with suggestions on this pancreatic and inability to eat will be appreciated.

For those who have read my first post, and my anxiety about how was Long Beach Memorial going to be like, I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME WITH ALL THE CF TEAM!
Im very pleased (Lindsey thank you for recommending it) and now I feel like I am listened to and they know what they are doing.

Mary

clinging2faith

I am 44yrs old. and have always been very pancreatic insufficient, but now its worse.
At age 24 dx with cf which sort of cancelled out the celiac disease (or we thought). But now there is question of whether i have also Celiac disease since i have so many digestive and gastro problems (intolerant to wheat, eggs, fats, and now red meats and any processed meat iwth high fat content).

If I eat the wrong foods (most proteins except soy) I get pancreatitis shortly after.
hOwever the gastro doc said it cant be pancreatitis if my pancreas is totally fatty replaced. (Thats' what i was told 5yrs ago after an endoscopy). So now i have to find out if indeed my pancreas is totally fatty replaced and why i get pancreatic pain with food even with the enzymes.
I say it is the pancreas because the pains are horrible, i cannot move, talk, walk, and it radiates from my abdomen to my back and up to the neck. Invariably if the pain is extreme I end up in the hospital for at least a week.

Does anybody have a totally fatty replaced pancreas and still get pancreatitis? Can anyone relate to the pain i describe after a few minutes of eating fatty foods? or meats even while taking enzymes?

Im 92lbs today. (gained 4lbs in 6weeks---lots of flans, sugars, juice all the goodies ). SO I HOPE that Im not diabetic coz i dont know what i will do if i cant eat again hardly anything as 2yrs ago when the diabetes struck after medicated with Solu-Medrol, and left me pretty much bones.

P.T. says Im WEAK so i have to improve and gain muscle. That means eat more and im freaking out coz it hurts a lot to eat. I cant function bc of this. My gastro probs.

I am aware VERY of CF diet and nutritional needs. I know foods, food combinations, what to eat and what not to depending on the hour of the day etc, still i remain with my problem how to gain weight without the pain and red meats? (and i wish i could sink my teeth in a juicy steak but i dont dare get pancreatitis as the last time I had some put me 2 weeks in hospital).

Anyone with suggestions on this pancreatic and inability to eat will be appreciated.

For those who have read my first post, and my anxiety about how was Long Beach Memorial going to be like, I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME WITH ALL THE CF TEAM!
Im very pleased (Lindsey thank you for recommending it) and now I feel like I am listened to and they know what they are doing.

Mary

clinging2faith

Mary