Shakespeare VS. Mouse

jimiv

Parker is having his 10th birthday today and announced to me that 40 is when you get old. CUTE ISN'T HE.... Anyway, we are going to see the doctor Monday to set the date for putting the button on his G-Tube and not a moment too soon since we had baseball tryouts yesterday. Do ya'll have suggestions with regard to which button is best for a 10 year old? I have done some research and see pros and cons of each but I would like some opinions from users of the product not the manufacturers. Thanks

jimiv

Parker is having his 10th birthday today and announced to me that 40 is when you get old. CUTE ISN'T HE.... Anyway, we are going to see the doctor Monday to set the date for putting the button on his G-Tube and not a moment too soon since we had baseball tryouts yesterday. Do ya'll have suggestions with regard to which button is best for a 10 year old? I have done some research and see pros and cons of each but I would like some opinions from users of the product not the manufacturers. Thanks

jimiv

jimiv

jimiv

vmhoward

My son is almost 7 and has a MIC-KEY button. he has had it since he was 4 and has gained over 20 pounds and is in the 50th percentile for weight, and 75th percentile for weight and height.

We really like the MIC-KEY because of its low profile and he is able to do more things actively, as if he didnt have the button. It is easy to maintain and we have had no problems with it since its placement.

We change the button ourselves every 2 months at home.

We had the longer G tube when he first had it placed until his stomach healed but it was very cumbersome and we always worried that it would get caught on something and rip out etc... So the button was such a relief.

He can take baths, swim, do sports etc...it is our preferred choice, and his.

Hope this helps.

vmhoward

My son is almost 7 and has a MIC-KEY button. he has had it since he was 4 and has gained over 20 pounds and is in the 50th percentile for weight, and 75th percentile for weight and height.

We really like the MIC-KEY because of its low profile and he is able to do more things actively, as if he didnt have the button. It is easy to maintain and we have had no problems with it since its placement.

We had the longer G tube when he first had it placed until his stomach healed but it was very cumbersome and we always worried that it would get caught on something and rip out etc... So the button was such a relief.

Hope this helps.

vmhoward

Hope this helps.

vmhoward

Hope this helps.

vmhoward

Hope this helps.

sdavis227

Our Parker, only 11 mos. at first had the Bard. I liked that because of the low profile, but once the Mic-key was placed, I have found that it is a LOT easier to use. (Even though this is easier to see through his shirts)

As for a 10 year old, I guess it would depend on how he is socially about his button. If he's not too worried about it, the go with the Mic-key.

I am a little confused, however. What does he have now? When you say they are putting the "button" on, I'm confused. I'm also confused when people say that the Mic-key is low profile. . . I think the bard is a lot easier to cover than the Mic-key.

sdavis227

Our Parker, only 11 mos. at first had the Bard. I liked that because of the low profile, but once the Mic-key was placed, I have found that it is a LOT easier to use. (Even though this is easier to see through his shirts)

As for a 10 year old, I guess it would depend on how he is socially about his button. If he's not too worried about it, the go with the Mic-key.

I am a little confused, however. What does he have now? When you say they are putting the "button" on, I'm confused. I'm also confused when people say that the Mic-key is low profile. . . I think the bard is a lot easier to cover than the Mic-key.

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227

pjspiegle

HI, My son got his 7 years ago, we use the Mickey. We like it a lot. It is easy to use and we have never had any problems or issues with it. Other than one time it fell out as we were leaving the house, but that was my fault as we had not changed it in over 6 weeks. Its so easy Nathan takes care of it himself with my supervision and now that he is 14 probably doesn't really need supervision with it. Its the one I would recommend, but then it is the only kind we have ever used. LOL

pjspiegle

HI, My son got his 7 years ago, we use the Mickey. We like it a lot. It is easy to use and we have never had any problems or issues with it. Other than one time it fell out as we were leaving the house, but that was my fault as we had not changed it in over 6 weeks. Its so easy Nathan takes care of it himself with my supervision and now that he is 14 probably doesn't really need supervision with it. Its the one I would recommend, but then it is the only kind we have ever used. LOL

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle