share your ideas to increase calories

jbrandonAW

I cook like normal and I don't make food such a big deal b/c I know growing up my mom did and it stressed me out.

I make breakfast - pancakes(great to add fruit as well), oatmeal (butter,milk), I cook eggs (with cheese, a little milk, and meats and veggies), I also do bacon. I try and eat a yogart EVERY MORNING. Also try hot cocoa - its a sweet treat but with some cals and alot of calcium (you can even do warm milk for extra cals and flavor).

For lunches we do chicken salad sandwiches, pn&j, i make a big batch of sloppy joes to eat on, we do tuna sandwiches (and they make salmon packs now). (to the tuna & chicken we add mayo, shreaded celery & carrots, also you can try some blended avacado (really high fat food))

For dinners try giving her more protien (meat or beans), we do a starch(potatoe or noodle/rice) and a veggie (you can add butter to veggies)

I try and add butter to everything I can, mayo to sandwiches. I also try and add veggies and fruits into everything. Also give fruits and veggies with dips.

Don't underestimate the fruits and veggies. They make not have as many cals as that snack cake but more of the fruits and veggies are digested then that of the snack cake.

jbrandonAW

I cook like normal and I don't make food such a big deal b/c I know growing up my mom did and it stressed me out.

I make breakfast - pancakes(great to add fruit as well), oatmeal (butter,milk), I cook eggs (with cheese, a little milk, and meats and veggies), I also do bacon. I try and eat a yogart EVERY MORNING. Also try hot cocoa - its a sweet treat but with some cals and alot of calcium (you can even do warm milk for extra cals and flavor).

For lunches we do chicken salad sandwiches, pn&j, i make a big batch of sloppy joes to eat on, we do tuna sandwiches (and they make salmon packs now). (to the tuna & chicken we add mayo, shreaded celery & carrots, also you can try some blended avacado (really high fat food))

For dinners try giving her more protien (meat or beans), we do a starch(potatoe or noodle/rice) and a veggie (you can add butter to veggies)

I try and add butter to everything I can, mayo to sandwiches. I also try and add veggies and fruits into everything. Also give fruits and veggies with dips.

Don't underestimate the fruits and veggies. They make not have as many cals as that snack cake but more of the fruits and veggies are digested then that of the snack cake.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />I make breakfast - pancakes(great to add fruit as well), oatmeal (butter,milk), I cook eggs (with cheese, a little milk, and meats and veggies), I also do bacon. I try and eat a yogart EVERY MORNING. Also try hot cocoa - its a sweet treat but with some cals and alot of calcium (you can even do warm milk for extra cals and flavor).
<br />
<br />For lunches we do chicken salad sandwiches, pn&j, i make a big batch of sloppy joes to eat on, we do tuna sandwiches (and they make salmon packs now). (to the tuna & chicken we add mayo, shreaded celery & carrots, also you can try some blended avacado (really high fat food))
<br />
<br />For dinners try giving her more protien (meat or beans), we do a starch(potatoe or noodle/rice) and a veggie (you can add butter to veggies)
<br />
<br />I try and add butter to everything I can, mayo to sandwiches. I also try and add veggies and fruits into everything. Also give fruits and veggies with dips.
<br />
<br />Don't underestimate the fruits and veggies. They make not have as many cals as that snack cake but more of the fruits and veggies are digested then that of the snack cake.