Sharing funny CF-related stories

imported_Momto2

Anyone have any funny stuff out there to brighten up people's day?<br><br>As a kid, my parents used to have me drink this nasty dietary supplement crap called vivenex.    It was so repulsive that I used to puke it up half the time, and the one instance that my mom thought she'd "demonstrate" how to chug it, she heaved!     So........I turned it into a "race".    See if I could chug it before my mom ran all the way downstairs and then back up to my room.   Well, as time went on, I wised the h*ll up, and learned how to quickly open my window, pour that rancid crap out, and then pretend that I had drunk it.   Little did I know that I was creating these huge purple stains on the back of our white house!   My dad was totally flummoxed about them......So, I then started showing an interest in botany and had a lot of plants in my room and poured the vivenex in them!   Some it killed, some it seemed to help.   Finally, as an adult, I told my parents the truth, they didnt know whether to laugh or cry.    OK, so maybe you had to be there for this one, but post something better then!!!!!!!!!!    hugs to everyone.<br>

imported_Momto2

Anyone have any funny stuff out there to brighten up people's day?<br><br>As a kid, my parents used to have me drink this nasty dietary supplement crap called vivenex. It was so repulsive that I used to puke it up half the time, and the one instance that my mom thought she'd "demonstrate" how to chug it, she heaved! So........I turned it into a "race". See if I could chug it before my mom ran all the way downstairs and then back up to my room. Well, as time went on, I wised the h*ll up, and learned how to quickly open my window, pour that rancid crap out, and then pretend that I had drunk it. Little did I know that I was creating these huge purple stains on the back of our white house! My dad was totally flummoxed about them......So, I then started showing an interest in botany and had a lot of plants in my room and poured the vivenex in them! Some it killed, some it seemed to help. Finally, as an adult, I told my parents the truth, they didnt know whether to laugh or cry. OK, so maybe you had to be there for this one, but post something better then!!!!!!!!!! hugs to everyone.<br>

imported_Momto2

Anyone have any funny stuff out there to brighten up people's day?<br><br>As a kid, my parents used to have me drink this nasty dietary supplement crap called vivenex. It was so repulsive that I used to puke it up half the time, and the one instance that my mom thought she'd "demonstrate" how to chug it, she heaved! So........I turned it into a "race". See if I could chug it before my mom ran all the way downstairs and then back up to my room. Well, as time went on, I wised the h*ll up, and learned how to quickly open my window, pour that rancid crap out, and then pretend that I had drunk it. Little did I know that I was creating these huge purple stains on the back of our white house! My dad was totally flummoxed about them......So, I then started showing an interest in botany and had a lot of plants in my room and poured the vivenex in them! Some it killed, some it seemed to help. Finally, as an adult, I told my parents the truth, they didnt know whether to laugh or cry. OK, so maybe you had to be there for this one, but post something better then!!!!!!!!!! hugs to everyone.<br>

missgunky

Sometimes I take pix of interesting specimens of ....mucus plugs (esp. sinus ones). It's funny and gross. Anybody else do this?

missgunky

Sometimes I take pix of interesting specimens of ....mucus plugs (esp. sinus ones). It's funny and gross. Anybody else do this?

missgunky

Madsmith

As a kid growing up in Vermont, downhill skiing was nearly a religious practice. All my friends and I would go skiing every weekend. The chairlift rides to the top were long and boring, and so we'd find ways to kill the time. Being boys, spitting was also a great pastime. So it got to a point where we decided to have contests spitting on each other's skis. I always won.

Madsmith

As a kid growing up in Vermont, downhill skiing was nearly a religious practice. All my friends and I would go skiing every weekend. The chairlift rides to the top were long and boring, and so we'd find ways to kill the time. Being boys, spitting was also a great pastime. So it got to a point where we decided to have contests spitting on each other's skis. I always won.

Madsmith

C

cindylou

Shortly after I got married, my hubby and I stayed overnight with his brother and his brother's wife. I had a sputum sample that needed to go to the doctor the next day, but obviously it needed to be refrigerated in the interim. So I walked into my BIL's house (and to clarify - at this point, I hardly knew this BIL!) and said, "Hey, would you mind if I put a cup of spit in your fridge?" The double take was classic! He said later that I was always welcome to put my spit in his fridge.

C

cindylou

Shortly after I got married, my hubby and I stayed overnight with his brother and his brother's wife. I had a sputum sample that needed to go to the doctor the next day, but obviously it needed to be refrigerated in the interim. So I walked into my BIL's house (and to clarify - at this point, I hardly knew this BIL!) and said, "Hey, would you mind if I put a cup of spit in your fridge?" The double take was classic! He said later that I was always welcome to put my spit in his fridge.

C

cindylou