Shopping List at the grocery store for a CF family

reagansmom

LOL. I love this! My husband and I were shopping just a few days ago and he was looking for some dip, Reagan loves to dip her food. I was about 15 feet away so he says to me, "they all say their made with low-fat sour cream." To which I give him the sssshhhh look. We're both overweight...so I could just read on people's faces what they were thinking.
The trick now is to teach my 5 year old why he can't eat like Reagan. He's getting a little chubby, thank goodness baseball is starting.

reagansmom

LOL. I love this! My husband and I were shopping just a few days ago and he was looking for some dip, Reagan loves to dip her food. I was about 15 feet away so he says to me, "they all say their made with low-fat sour cream." To which I give him the sssshhhh look. We're both overweight...so I could just read on people's faces what they were thinking.
The trick now is to teach my 5 year old why he can't eat like Reagan. He's getting a little chubby, thank goodness baseball is starting.

reagansmom

reagansmom

reagansmom

<br />The trick now is to teach my 5 year old why he can't eat like Reagan. He's getting a little chubby, thank goodness baseball is starting.
<br />

biz

funny, the last time my hubby went grocery shoppin he said the check out clerk asked him how many people are you shopping for while he was unloading the cart full of chips, dip, soda, pudding, double of cake mix and brownie mix, double gallons of whole milk, it just goes on and on. he said its just the three of us we have an only child. he has CF. yea people look at me funny when i take aidan shoppin with me and the cart is full of bad food.
---------------------------------------------
Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

funny, the last time my hubby went grocery shoppin he said the check out clerk asked him how many people are you shopping for while he was unloading the cart full of chips, dip, soda, pudding, double of cake mix and brownie mix, double gallons of whole milk, it just goes on and on. he said its just the three of us we have an only child. he has CF. yea people look at me funny when i take aidan shoppin with me and the cart is full of bad food.
Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

biz

<br />---------------------------------------------
<br />Elizabeth
<br />mama to Aidan 3 w/CF

babyluke

My husband and I watch the show "The Biggest Loser" and we always try to catch the part where they talk about how many calories are in certain foods so that we know what high calorie stuff to buy for Luke. As for us, we need the segment on the low cal. versions....It's terrible when you kid wants an apple and you are thinking--wouldn't you rather have some chips instead???
We were actually told by the nutritionist at clinic that we should try not to eat like Luke eats... I didn't have the heart to tell her we were fat way before Luke came along...
Angela, Mom to 7 terrific kids, including 19 month old Luke w/cf

babyluke

My husband and I watch the show "The Biggest Loser" and we always try to catch the part where they talk about how many calories are in certain foods so that we know what high calorie stuff to buy for Luke. As for us, we need the segment on the low cal. versions....It's terrible when you kid wants an apple and you are thinking--wouldn't you rather have some chips instead???
We were actually told by the nutritionist at clinic that we should try not to eat like Luke eats... I didn't have the heart to tell her we were fat way before Luke came along...

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

<br />We were actually told by the nutritionist at clinic that we should try not to eat like Luke eats... I didn't have the heart to tell her we were fat way before Luke came along...
<br />Angela, Mom to 7 terrific kids, including 19 month old Luke w/cf

rubiesmom

I have never given it too much thought but you are absolutely right. I buy ranch dressing(the fatty buttermilk one of course), olive oil, cream cheese, sour cream and lots of butter every time I go to the grocery store. My cart is always full of cookies, pancake mix, chips, dips, honey roasted peanuts and anything else that I think she might eat. And hubby and I wonder why we are gaining weight.

rubiesmom

I have never given it too much thought but you are absolutely right. I buy ranch dressing(the fatty buttermilk one of course), olive oil, cream cheese, sour cream and lots of butter every time I go to the grocery store. My cart is always full of cookies, pancake mix, chips, dips, honey roasted peanuts and anything else that I think she might eat. And hubby and I wonder why we are gaining weight.

rubiesmom

rubiesmom

rubiesmom