Should I ask for test

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, prior to doing sinus rinses on DS, I would purchase simply saline -- it was an aerosol/compressed air saline solution. Wasn't as harsh. Otherwise, with regular saline, we'd sometimes get the backwash affect, that was really nasty and would contaminate the rest of the bottle with boogies. Bleah!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, prior to doing sinus rinses on DS, I would purchase simply saline -- it was an aerosol/compressed air saline solution. Wasn't as harsh. Otherwise, with regular saline, we'd sometimes get the backwash affect, that was really nasty and would contaminate the rest of the bottle with boogies. Bleah!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

meaniejean

Thank you for the tip. That sounds like it would be a lot easier than the rinse. DH is just starting to use the rinse for chronic sinus issues and it seems a bit too much for a 4 month old or a 2.5 year old. Ewww, boogie backwash - cleaning out the nose suction thingy is bad enough - yuck.
Thanks again - these are the things the ped always fails to mention ...

meaniejean

Thank you for the tip. That sounds like it would be a lot easier than the rinse. DH is just starting to use the rinse for chronic sinus issues and it seems a bit too much for a 4 month old or a 2.5 year old. Ewww, boogie backwash - cleaning out the nose suction thingy is bad enough - yuck.

meaniejean

meaniejean

meaniejean

<br />Thanks again - these are the things the ped always fails to mention ...