Should I ask for test

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
In any event, cf or not, based on your description -- not urinating, difficulty stooling... He needs to be seen ASAP to figure out what the heck is going on. Especially that DRY diaper after 14 hours!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
In any event, cf or not, based on your description -- not urinating, difficulty stooling... He needs to be seen ASAP to figure out what the heck is going on. Especially that DRY diaper after 14 hours!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

lilismom

Sandra,
I'm sorry you are going through all this and hope you get answers soon.

I believe prenatal testing only test for the most common mutations of CF.

Good luck with the Drs.

lilismom

Sandra,

Good luck with the Drs.

lilismom

Sandra,

Good luck with the Drs.

lilismom

Sandra,

Good luck with the Drs.

lilismom

Sandra,
<br />I'm sorry you are going through all this and hope you get answers soon.
<br />
<br />I believe prenatal testing only test for the most common mutations of CF.
<br />
<br />Good luck with the Drs.

JORDYSMOM

Hi Sandra. Aren't these people awesome?!! Everyone has given you great advice, and I would expect nothing less around here. We have all been through so much with our kids, and I love it when we can use that experience/knowledge to help someone else out.

If your ped doesn't take you seriously, move on. What would he/she do if this was his/her child? Certainly not wait a month to get help! Definitely find a new doctor, and I would absolutely start with a CF clinic.

I hope you find the answers you need to help your babies. Please keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hi Sandra. Aren't these people awesome?!! Everyone has given you great advice, and I would expect nothing less around here. We have all been through so much with our kids, and I love it when we can use that experience/knowledge to help someone else out.

If your ped doesn't take you seriously, move on. What would he/she do if this was his/her child? Certainly not wait a month to get help! Definitely find a new doctor, and I would absolutely start with a CF clinic.

I hope you find the answers you need to help your babies. Please keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />If your ped doesn't take you seriously, move on. What would he/she do if this was his/her child? Certainly not wait a month to get help! Definitely find a new doctor, and I would absolutely start with a CF clinic.
<br />
<br />I hope you find the answers you need to help your babies. Please keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Stacey

meaniejean

The ped called me back. They have made a GI appointment for next Wednesday. I told him my concerns about CF and he said that the GI doc will test for that next week. The GI doc is in a practice that is affiliated with my areas CF center.
He called a prescription in for DS2 to the pharmacy - lacta-something - he wants to keep things moving so that he doesn't get an obstruction. He stated that if it is CF then this stuff won't really be effective at staving off the constipation. Does that sound correct - I think this stuff is something like Miralax.
He also told me to use yet another suppository if i feel that not everything came out yesterday.
Does this all seem reasonable? Is it important for DS to be tested ASAP or do you all think that a week is okay? I suppose he has been having these symptoms for a couple of months now, so a week is probably not dangerous.
I did the lick test this morning - DS2 laughed when I licked his forehead. OMG he is so salty. DS1 is also - he didn't think it was quite as funny - just thinks mom is a weirdo. I am a salt fanatic, as is my dad - we put it on EVERYTHING and yet we both have low BP and low blood sodium, so maybe we are just a salty family. I think I'll stop licking the kids now - except that DS2 likes it so much : )
Thank you all for being so generous with your advice. I know you all have been through so much and continue to deal with CF everyday. It really is so generous of you all to continue to support others. So, thanks, thanks, thanks ...

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

The ped called me back. They have made a GI appointment for next Wednesday. I told him my concerns about CF and he said that the GI doc will test for that next week. The GI doc is in a practice that is affiliated with my areas CF center.
He called a prescription in for DS2 to the pharmacy - lacta-something - he wants to keep things moving so that he doesn't get an obstruction. He stated that if it is CF then this stuff won't really be effective at staving off the constipation. Does that sound correct - I think this stuff is something like Miralax.
He also told me to use yet another suppository if i feel that not everything came out yesterday.
Does this all seem reasonable? Is it important for DS to be tested ASAP or do you all think that a week is okay? I suppose he has been having these symptoms for a couple of months now, so a week is probably not dangerous.
I did the lick test this morning - DS2 laughed when I licked his forehead. OMG he is so salty. DS1 is also - he didn't think it was quite as funny - just thinks mom is a weirdo. I am a salt fanatic, as is my dad - we put it on EVERYTHING and yet we both have low BP and low blood sodium, so maybe we are just a salty family. I think I'll stop licking the kids now - except that DS2 likes it so much : )
Thank you all for being so generous with your advice. I know you all have been through so much and continue to deal with CF everyday. It really is so generous of you all to continue to support others. So, thanks, thanks, thanks ...

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

All the best,
Sandra

meaniejean

<br />He called a prescription in for DS2 to the pharmacy - lacta-something - he wants to keep things moving so that he doesn't get an obstruction. He stated that if it is CF then this stuff won't really be effective at staving off the constipation. Does that sound correct - I think this stuff is something like Miralax.
<br />He also told me to use yet another suppository if i feel that not everything came out yesterday.
<br />Does this all seem reasonable? Is it important for DS to be tested ASAP or do you all think that a week is okay? I suppose he has been having these symptoms for a couple of months now, so a week is probably not dangerous.
<br />I did the lick test this morning - DS2 laughed when I licked his forehead. OMG he is so salty. DS1 is also - he didn't think it was quite as funny - just thinks mom is a weirdo. I am a salt fanatic, as is my dad - we put it on EVERYTHING and yet we both have low BP and low blood sodium, so maybe we are just a salty family. I think I'll stop licking the kids now - except that DS2 likes it so much : )
<br />Thank you all for being so generous with your advice. I know you all have been through so much and continue to deal with CF everyday. It really is so generous of you all to continue to support others. So, thanks, thanks, thanks ...
<br />
<br />All the best,
<br />Sandra