Should I ask for test

NoExcuses

I would push for a full panel genetic test from Ambry. Sweat tests can give false negatives which you simply can't risk. I don't think you're overreacting at all.

If you don't get the full panel genetic test, you'll always wonder.....

NoExcuses

I would push for a full panel genetic test from Ambry. Sweat tests can give false negatives which you simply can't risk. I don't think you're overreacting at all.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />If you don't get the full panel genetic test, you'll always wonder.....

Alyssa

You are not <b>overacting</b> in the least !!! In fact I think it is high time a doctor <b>reacts </b>to you!!! <b>You have described several very classic CF symptoms, your kids need to be seen and tested/treated ASAP</b> especially the one who is blocked up --

Alyssa

You are not <b>overacting</b> in the least !!! In fact I think it is high time a doctor <b>reacts </b>to you!!! <b>You have described several very classic CF symptoms, your kids need to be seen and tested/treated ASAP</b> especially the one who is blocked up --

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

meaniejean

Thanks to all of you for responding. I called the ped this morning to let them know that DS2 had not pooped yet. They asked me to give him a suppository. I told them that he had also been spitting up lots of thick, stretchy mucus. They called me back later to tell me that they were going to refer us to a GI doc - and that it will probably take about a month or so to get in. WHAT?!
So I gave my little sweetie yet another suppository and he pooped out orange, greasy thick poop. But it didn't seem like 2 weeks worth so I am a little concerned that there is still more in there. He screamed and cried when he passed it and he kept spitting up mucus and choked a few times. The nurse told me that I should give him tylenol because he might have some hard poops and it was probably going to hurt to pass them (and she ever even told me how much tylenol to give him!). And they think I should be giving him Milk of Magnesia everyday. I'm fine with MoM if they know WHY this is happening, but they just seem to be fine with medicating him without knowing what is going on. So, we are continuing with prune juice as we have been for the past few weeks.
Should I find a new doc or just call them back to let them know what I want. I feel like they already think I'm nuts because we have been there so much. This is just so frustrating.
Thank you so much for your support. This is really a terrific forum and a wonderful group of people.

All the best to you and yours,
Sandra

meaniejean

Thanks to all of you for responding. I called the ped this morning to let them know that DS2 had not pooped yet. They asked me to give him a suppository. I told them that he had also been spitting up lots of thick, stretchy mucus. They called me back later to tell me that they were going to refer us to a GI doc - and that it will probably take about a month or so to get in. WHAT?!
So I gave my little sweetie yet another suppository and he pooped out orange, greasy thick poop. But it didn't seem like 2 weeks worth so I am a little concerned that there is still more in there. He screamed and cried when he passed it and he kept spitting up mucus and choked a few times. The nurse told me that I should give him tylenol because he might have some hard poops and it was probably going to hurt to pass them (and she ever even told me how much tylenol to give him!). And they think I should be giving him Milk of Magnesia everyday. I'm fine with MoM if they know WHY this is happening, but they just seem to be fine with medicating him without knowing what is going on. So, we are continuing with prune juice as we have been for the past few weeks.
Should I find a new doc or just call them back to let them know what I want. I feel like they already think I'm nuts because we have been there so much. This is just so frustrating.
Thank you so much for your support. This is really a terrific forum and a wonderful group of people.

Sandra

meaniejean

Sandra

meaniejean

Sandra

meaniejean

<br />So I gave my little sweetie yet another suppository and he pooped out orange, greasy thick poop. But it didn't seem like 2 weeks worth so I am a little concerned that there is still more in there. He screamed and cried when he passed it and he kept spitting up mucus and choked a few times. The nurse told me that I should give him tylenol because he might have some hard poops and it was probably going to hurt to pass them (and she ever even told me how much tylenol to give him!). And they think I should be giving him Milk of Magnesia everyday. I'm fine with MoM if they know WHY this is happening, but they just seem to be fine with medicating him without knowing what is going on. So, we are continuing with prune juice as we have been for the past few weeks.
<br />Should I find a new doc or just call them back to let them know what I want. I feel like they already think I'm nuts because we have been there so much. This is just so frustrating.
<br />Thank you so much for your support. This is really a terrific forum and a wonderful group of people.
<br />
<br />All the best to you and yours,
<br />Sandra

ann232

yeah go to someone else my daughter didnt poop when she was born she pooped the second day aliilte green and kept pucking up the milk and she wa diagnosed with cystic fibrosis to days later go to someone else dont wait that long

ann232

yeah go to someone else my daughter didnt poop when she was born she pooped the second day aliilte green and kept pucking up the milk and she wa diagnosed with cystic fibrosis to days later go to someone else dont wait that long

ann232

ann232

ann232