Should I Ask?

tiffanymarie316

So about a year ago I started having shortness of breath and chest pain. I know that's nothing to worry about by itself. Around the same time I started having digestive issues (severe constipation). About six months later I developed a persistent cough that hasn't left, and just a week ago the cough became very productive and my chest wheezes. My mother has a mild case of cystic fibrosis but was just diagnosed when my younger brother was born. He has been tested and does not have CF, but I haven't been tested. It can be extremely painful for me at times, and my doctor diagnosed me with asthma without even listening to all I had to say. He wouldn't take me seriously, he actually laughed at me when I tried to describe the pain! None of the symptoms have left. Anyways, I'm 14, a freshman in high school, and to be honest I'm just very tired. I don't think this doctor knows my mom has CF, should I bring it up the next time I go?

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I'd have your mom call and request a referral to a cf clinic for a sweat test because she has cf, telling them that and given your problems. Good luck honey.