Should I call the doc. or stick it out?

crystalina0814

I recently have started home ivs to treat and exacerbation of PA. I am on Tobramycin and Meropenem...both of which I have had in the past and have never had an issue.

Since I started on Friday I have had fevers, which can be broken with IBprofin,(100.0-101.0) and chills....extreme fatigue...and body aches.

My cough has improved and my mucus is much clearer...

I just can't stop sleeping...and all of the above listed problems.

Is this normal? Do any of you have similar experiences? I am miserable.

(This is the first time I have cultered PA in quite a while....we have been treating MRSA for the past year)

crystalina0814

I recently have started home ivs to treat and exacerbation of PA. I am on Tobramycin and Meropenem...both of which I have had in the past and have never had an issue.

Since I started on Friday I have had fevers, which can be broken with IBprofin,(100.0-101.0) and chills....extreme fatigue...and body aches.

My cough has improved and my mucus is much clearer...

I just can't stop sleeping...and all of the above listed problems.

Is this normal? Do any of you have similar experiences? I am miserable.

(This is the first time I have cultered PA in quite a while....we have been treating MRSA for the past year)

crystalina0814

<br />
<br />Since I started on Friday I have had fevers, which can be broken with IBprofin,(100.0-101.0) and chills....extreme fatigue...and body aches.
<br />
<br />My cough has improved and my mucus is much clearer...
<br />
<br />I just can't stop sleeping...and all of the above listed problems.
<br />
<br />Is this normal? Do any of you have similar experiences? I am miserable.
<br />
<br />(This is the first time I have cultered PA in quite a while....we have been treating MRSA for the past year)

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Both my boys had reactions (fever or rash) to IVs after the 12th day of treatment. How long have you been on the IVs? Did you notice if the fevers correspond to the dose of ABX? Just a thought.

I'd call the doc if the fevers keep coming back. Hope you feel better.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Both my boys had reactions (fever or rash) to IVs after the 12th day of treatment. How long have you been on the IVs? Did you notice if the fevers correspond to the dose of ABX? Just a thought.

I'd call the doc if the fevers keep coming back. Hope you feel better.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />I'd call the doc if the fevers keep coming back. Hope you feel better.

T

TonyaH

Andrew's allergic response to IV ceftaz did not begin until two weeks into treatment. He ran extemely high fevers, up to 106. I would suggest calling your doctor in the morning to let them know what is going on. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

Andrew's allergic response to IV ceftaz did not begin until two weeks into treatment. He ran extemely high fevers, up to 106. I would suggest calling your doctor in the morning to let them know what is going on. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

LouLou

Are you on Vanco or something for your MRSA as well? If not, then I bet it's your MRSA flaring while the PA is getting attacked. Surprised you aren't on a MRSA med too. It's not like it's gone?!

LouLou

Are you on Vanco or something for your MRSA as well? If not, then I bet it's your MRSA flaring while the PA is getting attacked. Surprised you aren't on a MRSA med too. It's not like it's gone?!

LouLou

RitaLSonnenberg

I would call the doctor. But it is not unusual for me to have a high fever when i am on abx when i have an infection and am doing IVs. Just to be on the safe side, call the dr. Hope you get better soon.

RitaLSonnenberg

I would call the doctor. But it is not unusual for me to have a high fever when i am on abx when i have an infection and am doing IVs. Just to be on the safe side, call the dr. Hope you get better soon.