should we do more testing?

cheerfull

My baby girl tested pos. before she was born, could the test be wrong even tho she need the ezymes? why is her tummy so desended?

cheerfull

My baby girl tested pos. before she was born, could the test be wrong even tho she need the ezymes? why is her tummy so desended?

Alyssa

Cheerfull -- did you ever get answers? Did I see you on another post? I think I remember writing something to you but there have been so many new parents on the family and newly diagnosed forums that I can't keep the straight in my head :) I just wanted to make sure you questions got address.

Could you please clarify what test was given to your daughter and explain more about your situation? Is your question basically could your daughter NOT have CF?

Alyssa

Cheerfull -- did you ever get answers? Did I see you on another post? I think I remember writing something to you but there have been so many new parents on the family and newly diagnosed forums that I can't keep the straight in my head :) I just wanted to make sure you questions got address.

Could you please clarify what test was given to your daughter and explain more about your situation? Is your question basically could your daughter NOT have CF?

Alyssa

brematt

Re: sweat testing on infants. Everything I've read says that sweat testing on young children can be unreliable because they may not be able to produce enough sweat. I'm still learning about all of this (my son was dx in December at Deaconess, Spokane), but I would definately continue testing until you are sure. I read your blog, Alyssa, and am going to have my daughter tested as well, even though she is very healthy. After reading alot of the discussions on this web site, I've learned that there is a huge variation of symptoms and testing results, including the sweat test.
Mom23 and Alyssa, I'm in Western MT and would be interested in your thoughts and experiences in Spokane and Seattle. I've only been to the Deaconess once, but was happy with the CF team. We've also considered looking into a more specialized hospital like Salt Lake or Seattle. Feel free to send a private msg (I don't know how to do this yet) or email at brematt@montana.com

brematt

Re: sweat testing on infants. Everything I've read says that sweat testing on young children can be unreliable because they may not be able to produce enough sweat. I'm still learning about all of this (my son was dx in December at Deaconess, Spokane), but I would definately continue testing until you are sure. I read your blog, Alyssa, and am going to have my daughter tested as well, even though she is very healthy. After reading alot of the discussions on this web site, I've learned that there is a huge variation of symptoms and testing results, including the sweat test.
Mom23 and Alyssa, I'm in Western MT and would be interested in your thoughts and experiences in Spokane and Seattle. I've only been to the Deaconess once, but was happy with the CF team. We've also considered looking into a more specialized hospital like Salt Lake or Seattle. Feel free to send a private msg (I don't know how to do this yet) or email at brematt@montana.com

brematt