siblings without cf

Transplantmommy

I know that this is easier said than done....but please don't worry too much if it has been proven that your other children do not have CF. Yes, there are false negatives, but to ensure that it really is negative, you can always have the genetic testing like a previous poster suggested.

I have 4 siblings, all of whom have been tested for CF. We are all older now...19, 24, 28, and 29 (I am 27) and I am the only one who has ever tested positive or shown any signs of CF. I know that this is still not comforting in your knowing or not knowing for sure about your children, but I hope that it helps.

Transplantmommy

I know that this is easier said than done....but please don't worry too much if it has been proven that your other children do not have CF. Yes, there are false negatives, but to ensure that it really is negative, you can always have the genetic testing like a previous poster suggested.

I have 4 siblings, all of whom have been tested for CF. We are all older now...19, 24, 28, and 29 (I am 27) and I am the only one who has ever tested positive or shown any signs of CF. I know that this is still not comforting in your knowing or not knowing for sure about your children, but I hope that it helps.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I have 4 siblings, all of whom have been tested for CF. We are all older now...19, 24, 28, and 29 (I am 27) and I am the only one who has ever tested positive or shown any signs of CF. I know that this is still not comforting in your knowing or not knowing for sure about your children, but I hope that it helps.

grassisgreener

I used to worry a lot too. My son genetically tested negative with amnio, so I knew that he didn't have CF but I still worried for a while that he might have it or that he might have something else...kinda like waiting for a bomb to drop again. I remember one day when he was about 14 months old or so and I changed his diaper to see the same fluffy, stinky, yellowish poop that my daughter with CF had for so long. It took my breath away, I had my husband come look and we just stared at it quietly for a minute or two. Made us feel sick to our stomachs/hearts even though in our minds we knew he didn't have CF.

I think I worry more than most moms because I have lost the luxery of taking things like having healthy children for granted...that is a mixed blessing for sure! I just try my best to enjoy them both instead of worrying since the truth is our days are numbered no matter what.

Sending lots of hugs, congrats on your new baby!

grassisgreener

I used to worry a lot too. My son genetically tested negative with amnio, so I knew that he didn't have CF but I still worried for a while that he might have it or that he might have something else...kinda like waiting for a bomb to drop again. I remember one day when he was about 14 months old or so and I changed his diaper to see the same fluffy, stinky, yellowish poop that my daughter with CF had for so long. It took my breath away, I had my husband come look and we just stared at it quietly for a minute or two. Made us feel sick to our stomachs/hearts even though in our minds we knew he didn't have CF.

I think I worry more than most moms because I have lost the luxery of taking things like having healthy children for granted...that is a mixed blessing for sure! I just try my best to enjoy them both instead of worrying since the truth is our days are numbered no matter what.

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

<br />
<br />I think I worry more than most moms because I have lost the luxery of taking things like having healthy children for granted...that is a mixed blessing for sure! I just try my best to enjoy them both instead of worrying since the truth is our days are numbered no matter what.
<br />
<br />Sending lots of hugs, congrats on your new baby!

michelle1

Thanks for all the replies! It really helps knowing I am not alone in worrying! We do know that my youngest is a carrier but I think that because of Olivia we can't believe that we have a non-cfer. I keep thinking that I am forgetting something you know?

michelle1

Thanks for all the replies! It really helps knowing I am not alone in worrying! We do know that my youngest is a carrier but I think that because of Olivia we can't believe that we have a non-cfer. I keep thinking that I am forgetting something you know?

michelle1

michelle1

michelle1

OperaMama

It doesn't mean the non-CFers won't have other 'issues', medical or non. My non-CF daughter is a Sensory Seeker, so she says she likes having a headache, etc, etc. I think she likes the flavor of Kid's meds... Anyhow, she's a trip herself, nevermind the kid who needs the medical attention!

OperaMama

It doesn't mean the non-CFers won't have other 'issues', medical or non. My non-CF daughter is a Sensory Seeker, so she says she likes having a headache, etc, etc. I think she likes the flavor of Kid's meds... Anyhow, she's a trip herself, nevermind the kid who needs the medical attention!

OperaMama

OperaMama

OperaMama