sick parent w/ cf child

S

sdelorenzo

It will happen a few times a year most likely. One thing I have been amazed about my kids is how they often don't come down with virses they are exposed to. Even if they do, they often don't get very sick, just like a child without cf. So try your best to wash your hands but there is not much you can do.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

It will happen a few times a year most likely. One thing I have been amazed about my kids is how they often don't come down with virses they are exposed to. Even if they do, they often don't get very sick, just like a child without cf. So try your best to wash your hands but there is not much you can do.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 4 both with cf

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing.. Both DH and I have gotten sick and then worried about DS getting it and he's probably been the healthiest. When he was a baby DH and I got a stomach bug, DS was fine. Colds.. I've worn masks. Used lots of hand sanitizer..

I once got bronchitis as was terrified DS would get it. Especially after awaking from a feverish coma nap to find that DS was laying on my head -- DH nowhere to be found. Ugh! DS was fine. And last year -- DH got Rubella despite being vaccinated for it years ago... Again, DS was fine while DH was miserable.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing.. Both DH and I have gotten sick and then worried about DS getting it and he's probably been the healthiest. When he was a baby DH and I got a stomach bug, DS was fine. Colds.. I've worn masks. Used lots of hand sanitizer..

I once got bronchitis as was terrified DS would get it. Especially after awaking from a feverish coma nap to find that DS was laying on my head -- DH nowhere to be found. Ugh! DS was fine. And last year -- DH got Rubella despite being vaccinated for it years ago... Again, DS was fine while DH was miserable.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I once got bronchitis as was terrified DS would get it. Especially after awaking from a feverish coma nap to find that DS was laying on my head -- DH nowhere to be found. Ugh! DS was fine. And last year -- DH got Rubella despite being vaccinated for it years ago... Again, DS was fine while DH was miserable.

H

hopesiris

Well the situation is reversed because it is me who has CF and not my baby but I'd say hand washing/Purell is very important. Also eating lots of garlic. The good thing is that when you know you've been exposed you can take extra steps to nip it in the bud if you see it coming on (rest, eat extra, etc).

H

hopesiris

Well the situation is reversed because it is me who has CF and not my baby but I'd say hand washing/Purell is very important. Also eating lots of garlic. The good thing is that when you know you've been exposed you can take extra steps to nip it in the bud if you see it coming on (rest, eat extra, etc).

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris