Single Moms /Permancy Plan and making provisions so child can see grandparents

Tammy15

My daughter has CF and is a single mom. The child's father lives out of state does pay support but dos not stay in touch too much. She wants to make a plan as her health is failing unfortunaltey the child's father has decided baby should come to him out of state and has made it very clear he will not let baby have any connection with maternal grandparents. My daughter and grandchild live with me the maternal grandmother and have been for a few years. My daughter is a wreck she wanted at least the child to stay in the state where all cousins and other grandparetns are and did not want father not to have visitation as often as he wanted but felt that the child just haing to deal with loosing a mom it would be better for the child to be surrounded by family The father lives out of state no other family near. We are needing some advise we even thought that at point we know hospice may be called to have father come get child but visitation for the maternal side could occurr in the summer mos at our expense. Has anyone else gone through this ?? We ae not sure how to start. My daughter was told by lawyer to write will and judge could decide to up hold her wishes or not

Tammy15

My daughter has CF and is a single mom. The child's father lives out of state does pay support but dos not stay in touch too much. She wants to make a plan as her health is failing unfortunaltey the child's father has decided baby should come to him out of state and has made it very clear he will not let baby have any connection with maternal grandparents. My daughter and grandchild live with me the maternal grandmother and have been for a few years. My daughter is a wreck she wanted at least the child to stay in the state where all cousins and other grandparetns are and did not want father not to have visitation as often as he wanted but felt that the child just haing to deal with loosing a mom it would be better for the child to be surrounded by family The father lives out of state no other family near. We are needing some advise we even thought that at point we know hospice may be called to have father come get child but visitation for the maternal side could occurr in the summer mos at our expense. Has anyone else gone through this ?? We ae not sure how to start. My daughter was told by lawyer to write will and judge could decide to up hold her wishes or not

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15

M

Mommafirst

I have not been in this situation but I feel for you -- this is tough. I would think that your daughter's lawyer may be right, have a solid will that explicitly lists all the things your daughter wants. But if the father shows up and contests it, it will be in the judges hands for sure, not exactly the way you want your grandchild's life to be determined.

Is there anyway that your daughter can sign guardianship papers for you to have a legal right to make some decisions for your grandchild now? I'm not sure how this all works, you definitely need a good lawyer for sure. If this one is pretty laid back about it all, maybe consult another??

Good luck -- I'm so very sorry for all you are dealing with.

M

Mommafirst

I have not been in this situation but I feel for you -- this is tough. I would think that your daughter's lawyer may be right, have a solid will that explicitly lists all the things your daughter wants. But if the father shows up and contests it, it will be in the judges hands for sure, not exactly the way you want your grandchild's life to be determined.

Is there anyway that your daughter can sign guardianship papers for you to have a legal right to make some decisions for your grandchild now? I'm not sure how this all works, you definitely need a good lawyer for sure. If this one is pretty laid back about it all, maybe consult another??

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Is there anyway that your daughter can sign guardianship papers for you to have a legal right to make some decisions for your grandchild now? I'm not sure how this all works, you definitely need a good lawyer for sure. If this one is pretty laid back about it all, maybe consult another??
<br />
<br />Good luck -- I'm so very sorry for all you are dealing with.

Tammy15

Right now he is 3 1/2 and they have lived all but approx 8 mos in with me. My daughter attempted an apartment but it ended up I spent a lot of time down there cleaning and assisting, people smoke in apartment complex and she and baby always seemed to be catching colds. So for health reasons and financial they moved back home. She basically moved to apartment cause child's father used as an excuse she lived to far away for him to come assist.

Tammy15

Right now he is 3 1/2 and they have lived all but approx 8 mos in with me. My daughter attempted an apartment but it ended up I spent a lot of time down there cleaning and assisting, people smoke in apartment complex and she and baby always seemed to be catching colds. So for health reasons and financial they moved back home. She basically moved to apartment cause child's father used as an excuse she lived to far away for him to come assist.

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15