Sinus disease

Dea

I have a regular cleaning out (nose scope) done about every 2 mos...more if I am feeling full. With that being said, they can only reach a certain area of the sinuses with this type of removal. When I had the CT scan done...it showed that all my sinus cavities were so full there was no air at all in them. I can understand the scare about the cancer risk, but I have had so many X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs done that I should be glowing. After my first surgery, I felt so much better...and it lasted for several years before I needed another one. Unfortunately, chronic sinusitis is hard to "fix". I recommend the CT scan to see how full his sinuses are. Good Luck!

Dea

Sorry...I read that wrong...about dd and ds...so I should have said to see how full "her" sinuses are.

Dea

Sorry...I read that wrong...about dd and ds...so I should have said to see how full "her" sinuses are.

Dea

LouLou

I had a scope done last week. With the squirt of anesthesia it doesn't hurt at all. After it is over she will show you the video of the tour through the nose. Yesterday I had a ct scan of my sinuses to be sure there is no mucus plugging she couldn't see with the scope. I have no polyps evident by scope and according to her I have no CF sinus disease. Anything I am experiencing is from allergic rhinitis. The ct scan is great for a benchmark and shows areas the scope can't get too. If she's having sinus problems I would do it. I'm not having problems just started snoring so I thought I better get checked out since I'm 32 and never have been to an ENT.

LouLou

I had a scope done last week. With the squirt of anesthesia it doesn't hurt at all. After it is over she will show you the video of the tour through the nose. Yesterday I had a ct scan of my sinuses to be sure there is no mucus plugging she couldn't see with the scope. I have no polyps evident by scope and according to her I have no CF sinus disease. Anything I am experiencing is from allergic rhinitis. The ct scan is great for a benchmark and shows areas the scope can't get too. If she's having sinus problems I would do it. I'm not having problems just started snoring so I thought I better get checked out since I'm 32 and never have been to an ENT.

LouLou

mom2owen

Huh, not to hijack this thread but Lauren, one CF doctor told us Owen couldn't have CF because his sinuses were only showing allergic rhinitis, not CF sinus disease. Always interesting to read other's experiences!

mom2owen

Huh, not to hijack this thread but Lauren, one CF doctor told us Owen couldn't have CF because his sinuses were only showing allergic rhinitis, not CF sinus disease. Always interesting to read other's experiences!

mom2owen

LouLou

Interesting mom2owen. Kind of the same vain if you ask me when 2 doctors told my mom even though I had a positive sweat test (back in 1978-1980) I couldn't have cf because I was fairing to well nutritionally. Meanwhile my mom was breastfeeding me around the clock because it was the only thing she said that would "stick" and I was blowing out diapers so badly that one time she said she pulled me out of my carseat and I had poop up my torso front and back and had to wipe me down on the hood of her car just to be able to enter the mall. And I may not have polyps but my nose was so junked up as a kid (before sinus rinses) and was under 2 so didn't know how to blow my nose she did some sort of mouth to mouth to blow the snot out of my nose (and all over her face!) I feel I certainly have cf biologically as not only do I have a lot of symptoms but also classic mutations and now I am on the medicine that is for one of my mutations and have experienced the published results. If my chloride channel wasn't misfunctioning it wouldn't do a thing.

Anyway, not that you were saying I didn't really have it but I just thought these notes may be of interest to someone.

LouLou

Interesting mom2owen. Kind of the same vain if you ask me when 2 doctors told my mom even though I had a positive sweat test (back in 1978-1980) I couldn't have cf because I was fairing to well nutritionally. Meanwhile my mom was breastfeeding me around the clock because it was the only thing she said that would "stick" and I was blowing out diapers so badly that one time she said she pulled me out of my carseat and I had poop up my torso front and back and had to wipe me down on the hood of her car just to be able to enter the mall. And I may not have polyps but my nose was so junked up as a kid (before sinus rinses) and was under 2 so didn't know how to blow my nose she did some sort of mouth to mouth to blow the snot out of my nose (and all over her face!) I feel I certainly have cf biologically as not only do I have a lot of symptoms but also classic mutations and now I am on the medicine that is for one of my mutations and have experienced the published results. If my chloride channel wasn't misfunctioning it wouldn't do a thing.

Anyway, not that you were saying I didn't really have it but I just thought these notes may be of interest to someone.

LouLou

<br />
<br />Anyway, not that you were saying I didn't really have it but I just thought these notes may be of interest to someone.