Sinus headaches

northernlight

My son has been suffering with severe sinus infections since Jan.16/07. He has now had 3 sinus surgeries. The last surgery was Nov/07, with no improvement. He missed the last 1/2 of grade 9, and has only been to school 2 weeks of gr.10. According to our CF clinic he is the only patient with chronic sinusits with non stop pain. They have not been able to prescribe any meds that will kill the bacteria and or drain the sinus cavity. The mucus seems to fillup very quickly after the endoscopy surgery, and does not drain later, even with tubes. Therefore, infection develops and constant pressure/pain above the eyes. We have used Advil, and Tylenol 3, and have Percocet if needed. He uses sinus rinse combination of tobermycin and pomicort. The doctors have prescribed multiple antibiotics; none have worked. I am going out the CF community to learn if there are any others that have this type of sinus condition. What have your doctors prescribed that works for you?

We live in Ontario, Canada, where there is very excellent well reknowned doctors and hospitals. I am stymied and bewildered that there has been nothing that has worked to break up the mucus in the sinus cavitiy to assist in drainage.

northernlight

My son has been suffering with severe sinus infections since Jan.16/07. He has now had 3 sinus surgeries. The last surgery was Nov/07, with no improvement. He missed the last 1/2 of grade 9, and has only been to school 2 weeks of gr.10. According to our CF clinic he is the only patient with chronic sinusits with non stop pain. They have not been able to prescribe any meds that will kill the bacteria and or drain the sinus cavity. The mucus seems to fillup very quickly after the endoscopy surgery, and does not drain later, even with tubes. Therefore, infection develops and constant pressure/pain above the eyes. We have used Advil, and Tylenol 3, and have Percocet if needed. He uses sinus rinse combination of tobermycin and pomicort. The doctors have prescribed multiple antibiotics; none have worked. I am going out the CF community to learn if there are any others that have this type of sinus condition. What have your doctors prescribed that works for you?

We live in Ontario, Canada, where there is very excellent well reknowned doctors and hospitals. I am stymied and bewildered that there has been nothing that has worked to break up the mucus in the sinus cavitiy to assist in drainage.

northernlight

northernlight

northernlight

MrsRancher

I'm 22 yrs old. I've had bout 7-8 surgeries for my sinuses. Now i might have to got another one. My headaches are so bad I cry too and nothing helps them (well everything I've tried). Hot showers work while I'm in tha shower and it seems like they get worse when I'm sick. And when I have cough attacks. What can I do for some relief?????

MrsRancher

I'm 22 yrs old. I've had bout 7-8 surgeries for my sinuses. Now i might have to got another one. My headaches are so bad I cry too and nothing helps them (well everything I've tried). Hot showers work while I'm in tha shower and it seems like they get worse when I'm sick. And when I have cough attacks. What can I do for some relief?????

MrsRancher

MrsRancher

MrsRancher