Sinus headaches

robert321

i too get these stupid sinus headaches, though mine aren't as frequent or as chronic. I have found that a really long hot shower will help temporaroly because of the steam but maybe that is just me. Hope you get some releif.

robert321

i too get these stupid sinus headaches, though mine aren't as frequent or as chronic. I have found that a really long hot shower will help temporaroly because of the steam but maybe that is just me. Hope you get some releif.

robert321

robert321

D

donny71

have you tried steroids???

that has helped me out when there is nothing left to do, i have had 6 or so surguries up there over hte years and my sinuses often flare up as mentioned by yourselves, with no relief after all those gross antibiotics,

but steroids seems to do the trick!

sorry i can't remember the name of em , but your doc should know!

D

donny71

that has helped me out when there is nothing left to do, i have had 6 or so surguries up there over hte years and my sinuses often flare up as mentioned by yourselves, with no relief after all those gross antibiotics,

D

donny71

D

donny71

D

donny71

D

donny71

northernlight

My son has been suffering with severe sinus infections since Jan.16/07. He has now had 3 sinus surgeries. The last surgery was Nov/07, with no improvement. He missed the last 1/2 of grade 9, and has only been to school 2 weeks of gr.10. According to our CF clinic he is the only patient with chronic sinusits with non stop pain. They have not been able to prescribe any meds that will kill the bacteria and or drain the sinus cavity. The mucus seems to fillup very quickly after the endoscopy surgery, and does not drain later, even with tubes. Therefore, infection develops and constant pressure/pain above the eyes. We have used Advil, and Tylenol 3, and have Percocet if needed. He uses sinus rinse combination of tobermycin and pomicort. The doctors have prescribed multiple antibiotics; none have worked. I am going out the CF community to learn if there are any others that have this type of sinus condition. What have your doctors prescribed that works for you?

We live in Ontario, Canada, where there is very excellent well reknowned doctors and hospitals. I am stymied and bewildered that there has been nothing that has worked to break up the mucus in the sinus cavitiy to assist in drainage.

northernlight

My son has been suffering with severe sinus infections since Jan.16/07. He has now had 3 sinus surgeries. The last surgery was Nov/07, with no improvement. He missed the last 1/2 of grade 9, and has only been to school 2 weeks of gr.10. According to our CF clinic he is the only patient with chronic sinusits with non stop pain. They have not been able to prescribe any meds that will kill the bacteria and or drain the sinus cavity. The mucus seems to fillup very quickly after the endoscopy surgery, and does not drain later, even with tubes. Therefore, infection develops and constant pressure/pain above the eyes. We have used Advil, and Tylenol 3, and have Percocet if needed. He uses sinus rinse combination of tobermycin and pomicort. The doctors have prescribed multiple antibiotics; none have worked. I am going out the CF community to learn if there are any others that have this type of sinus condition. What have your doctors prescribed that works for you?

We live in Ontario, Canada, where there is very excellent well reknowned doctors and hospitals. I am stymied and bewildered that there has been nothing that has worked to break up the mucus in the sinus cavitiy to assist in drainage.

northernlight

northernlight

northernlight

northernlight

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>northernlight</b></i>

My son is 14 years old with c.f. and diabetes. He also suffers from chronic sinus pain. His eyes are very puffy and the side of his face. He has had 2 sinus sugeries, one 4 years ago, and most recently March 14/07. He has not improved from the last surgery, and still has very bad headaches which have been debilitating. He has not been well enough to go to school since Jan. He has been on a series of meds, none have helped. So the doctors admitted to hospital for 2 weeks, trying a series of meds via I/V. This did not clear up the the inflamation nor the pain. He is now taking pain medication for the last 9 days. So far no improvement, so the next option is another sinus surgery.

Has anyone had a similar problem with severe sinus headaches?

What is working for you?

Help.</end quote></div>

northernlight

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>northernlight</b></i>

My son is 14 years old with c.f. and diabetes. He also suffers from chronic sinus pain. His eyes are very puffy and the side of his face. He has had 2 sinus sugeries, one 4 years ago, and most recently March 14/07. He has not improved from the last surgery, and still has very bad headaches which have been debilitating. He has not been well enough to go to school since Jan. He has been on a series of meds, none have helped. So the doctors admitted to hospital for 2 weeks, trying a series of meds via I/V. This did not clear up the the inflamation nor the pain. He is now taking pain medication for the last 9 days. So far no improvement, so the next option is another sinus surgery.

What is working for you?

Help.</end quote></div>

northernlight

What is working for you?

Help.</end quote></div>

northernlight

What is working for you?

Help.</end quote>

northernlight

What is working for you?

Help.</end quote>