Sinus Rinses

Wheezie

So the past couple of times I've used the Neilmed sinus rinse, I've noticed that as I'm squeezing the liquid in my nose, it starts to not only drip out of the other nostril (like it's supposed to), but it comes out of my eye too!!

At first I just thought I'd accidentally squirted it INTO my eye, but this has happened enough times now that it's obviously not something I'm doing - the stuff is actually coming OUT of my eye, like tears. Does this happen to anyone else? It doesn't hurt, it's just kind of freaky.

Wheezie

So the past couple of times I've used the Neilmed sinus rinse, I've noticed that as I'm squeezing the liquid in my nose, it starts to not only drip out of the other nostril (like it's supposed to), but it comes out of my eye too!!

At first I just thought I'd accidentally squirted it INTO my eye, but this has happened enough times now that it's obviously not something I'm doing - the stuff is actually coming OUT of my eye, like tears. Does this happen to anyone else? It doesn't hurt, it's just kind of freaky.

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

<br />
<br />At first I just thought I'd accidentally squirted it INTO my eye, but this has happened enough times now that it's obviously not something I'm doing - the stuff is actually coming OUT of my eye, like tears. Does this happen to anyone else? It doesn't hurt, it's just kind of freaky.

tara

It doesn't happen to me, but it's not unheard of. I saw a video once of a guy that could snort milk and squirt it out his eye. Cute party trick, no?

Maybe you should mention it to your ENT to be sure there's not some sort of CF complication when that duct has reversed function, as is your case. Normally the nasolacrimal duct only flows one way (from the eye to the nose).

I'm glad you're doing your sinus rinses! I do mine in the shower every morning, mostly so I just don't forget to do them!

tara

It doesn't happen to me, but it's not unheard of. I saw a video once of a guy that could snort milk and squirt it out his eye. Cute party trick, no?

Maybe you should mention it to your ENT to be sure there's not some sort of CF complication when that duct has reversed function, as is your case. Normally the nasolacrimal duct only flows one way (from the eye to the nose).

I'm glad you're doing your sinus rinses! I do mine in the shower every morning, mostly so I just don't forget to do them!

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />Maybe you should mention it to your ENT to be sure there's not some sort of CF complication when that duct has reversed function, as is your case. Normally the nasolacrimal duct only flows one way (from the eye to the nose).
<br />
<br />I'm glad you're doing your sinus rinses! I do mine in the shower every morning, mostly so I just don't forget to do them!

coltsfan715

Do you hold your head at an extreme angle?

I only ask because I have had times when I do my sinus rinses that I get major water build up in my eyes but not just pouring out of liquid.

I notice it is more extreme or happens when I tilt my head really far over vs. a mediocre tilt. So I guess my only suggestion is to not tilt your head as much.

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I only ask because I have had times when I do my sinus rinses that I get major water build up in my eyes but not just pouring out of liquid.

I notice it is more extreme or happens when I tilt my head really far over vs. a mediocre tilt. So I guess my only suggestion is to not tilt your head as much.

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I only ask because I have had times when I do my sinus rinses that I get major water build up in my eyes but not just pouring out of liquid.
<br />
<br />I notice it is more extreme or happens when I tilt my head really far over vs. a mediocre tilt. So I guess my only suggestion is to not tilt your head as much.
<br />
<br />Good Luck,
<br />Lindsey

Buxxfan

Hi Wheezie!
I do the Neilmed twice daily and it has happened to me too. It is kind of freaky. Like Tara said, I too have seen people squirt liquid from their eye as a trick (Teller from Penn & Teller). I don't worry about it.

Take Care!
- Kevin

Buxxfan

Hi Wheezie!
I do the Neilmed twice daily and it has happened to me too. It is kind of freaky. Like Tara said, I too have seen people squirt liquid from their eye as a trick (Teller from Penn & Teller). I don't worry about it.

Take Care!
- Kevin

Buxxfan

Hi Wheezie!

Take Care!
- Kevin

Buxxfan

Hi Wheezie!

Take Care!
- Kevin

Buxxfan

Hi Wheezie!
<br />I do the Neilmed twice daily and it has happened to me too. It is kind of freaky. Like Tara said, I too have seen people squirt liquid from their eye as a trick (Teller from Penn & Teller). I don't worry about it.
<br />
<br />Take Care!
<br />- Kevin